Renegade X on Tuxedo OS/KDE = Eventual insane mouse input issues

Hey guys

Maybe there is someone out there who can figure out what kind of a weird issue I am having. After a seemingly random set of time, but say roughly an hour of gameplay on my fresh install of Tuxedo OS (Ubuntu based with KDE desktop) I suddenly experience a crazy choppy image that seems linked to mouse movement, that is still unrelated to framerate and seems to be more like the mouse input utterly breaks.

What I mean is that the framerate is completely smooth and fine, but moving my mouse around makes the game look and behave as if I have about 4 FPS (While my FPS counter is showing the regular 100+). And it only "lags" when I move the mouse. Moving my character with WASD, or just standing still everything looks normal. The laggy mouse input also happens in the menus when this issue strikes.

Whenever this happens, the only fix I found so far was to reboot my entire PC. Simply restarting the game is not enough.

I have tested and experienced this problem with both an AMD 5700XT and a Nvidia 1080 graphics card, they both suffer the same and due to the framerate actually being correct I don't think they are the culprit here. I used to be on Linux Mint where I never saw this problem before, so I suspect it has something do to with Tuxedo OS or KDE...

Attaching a video where I recorded the screen with my phone. It is less evident on camera than in person.