I cannot Instal the game... Problem With Installer...

SomeName

Hello im completely new to the game.

I downloaded the "Renegade_X_Installer-3f1857a"  and "installed it" in my specific location (not on a C disk if that matters).

I tried launching the game from \Renegade X\Launcher\Renegade X Launcher.exe

But it says that:

"An error occured while downloading version information, you can still play the game in single player but multiplayer might be unavailable."

I have windows 7 64 bit, my HW should be easily up to the task... Where is the problem please, can somebody help me? I would really liek to play the game, multiplayer.

I click "ok or whatever", then new window pops up, it says:

Instalation
it Looks like this is the first time you are running Renegade X or your instalation is corrupted . Do you wish to instal the game? YES NO, i click yes.

ANd then it says again:

An error occured while downloading version information, you can still play the game in single player but multiplayer might be unavailable.
I click again OK

then new windows apperas, saying:

UE3 Redistribuatable
You will now be prompted to instal the Unreal Engine dependencies. This is needed for the succesfull instalation of Renegade X.
OK CANCEL
I click OK

A new (windows window this time) pop ups and says: The program Renegade X launcher stopped working"

Thats that... I cannot instal it

Wheres the problem please?

Do i need to run the installer as an administrator or whatever...? (im scared to run it as admin a random internet program :-) )...

Hello,

I assume you're running as a Administrator, have the correct rights for your installer, that the anti-virus ins't blocking and the firewall the same.

Might would've happens that you're still missing the dependencies, try downloading and installing externally, here [-Renegade X UE3 Redistributable],

After that try running the launcher again.

@TheOlsenTwins seams pretty normal behaviour to any application to store/extract temporary when is being used and afterwards getting deleted. No reason to keep the installer uncompressed after installing. It's a waste of space, that's why it get removes only keeping the base game and the original installer exectuable.

17 hours ago, RyanTurner said:

I assume you're running as a Administrator, have the correct rights for your installer, that the anti-virus ins't blocking and the firewall the same.

No i dont as i write, i didnt run the installer as an administrator or did any exceptions in the antivirus... should I...? I quite worried, yesterdays i didnt know even that this project existed and now it wants me to instal with with admin rights... im a bit paranoi and carefull :-)... So does it need to be run (the launcher/installer) "as an administrator".? (right click, run as administrator)...?

Windows 10's default "administrator" running applications normally may lack some privileges, that's why you may run as administrator, usually the UAC (User Account Control) It's one of many reasons for a program to not install or run correctly. It's understandable that you don't feel on doing it. But until you do It, it may or not fix your problem. Do as @Cronus asked and check if you've the Windows Updates mention above.

20 hours ago, RyanTurner said:

@TheOlsenTwins seams pretty normal behaviour to any application to store/extract temporary when is being used and afterwards getting deleted. No reason to keep the installer uncompressed after installing. It's a waste of space, that's why it get removes only keeping the base game and the original installer exectuable.

Yeah its normal, but if you need 10 GB free on C:\ to install something on D:\ its not very logical to the user. (Also as it usually fails without a message)

• Downvote 1

@SomeName we will await you to confirm any of the previously mention solutions.

@TheOlsenTwins Relative to your C:\ and D:\ Drives, you've your Windows on C:\ don't you? Indifferently you're installing on D:\ Temporary files are located on your windows temporary folders not on the driver's folders. Don't take this the wrong way nor on an offensive manner, but don't bash your lack of knowledge on a matter and say it ain't logical.