Can't connect to any servers (Your connection to the host timed out.)

Crab

Since the two most recent hotfixes, I haven't been able to connect to servers. Most of the time it'll boot me back to the main menu with the error "Connection Lost - Your connection to  the host timed out". On the rare occasion that I do manage to get into a server, I can play fine for about 3 minutes before I get insane rubberbanding and then disconnecting.

While this rubberbanding is occuring, I can't do any damage/repair players, vehicles, or buildings. I can see other players moving around, shooting, and changing directions just fine. So it's almost as if I can't send enough data to the server before it kicks me out.

I've verified game integrity, but I can do a completely fresh reinstall now since I'm out of options.

Edited by Crab

Is the ~3 minutes of playing fine consistently ~3 minutes?
&
After those ~3 minutes of playing fine, does the rubberbanding start and progress linearly or does it suddenly start full-blown?

Edited by DugeHick

For some reason I'm now able to play just fine on what seems to be every server I tried out. I have no idea why this happened or why it now suddenly fixed itself, but if it happens again I'll post an update.

To answer the above questions, the 3 minutes of playtime wasn't a consistent 3 minutes, sometimes it would happen within seconds of joining, other times 2-3 minutes into a game. The rubberbanding started without any kind of buildup or warning.

Hi there,
Thanks for the update.

Sounds like something had been hogging your upstream.

If it happens again: expand the following.

Spoiler

1. Are there other people/devices using your internet connection?
Someone Snapchatting or uploading to Facebook will do this kind of thing.
It will suck your upload unbridled and destroy your browsing and gaming experience.

2. Monitor your computer's network adapter status.
You know, the one where you see the bytes received and sent every second.
While you're rubberbanding, note how many bytes are sent every second.
After doing so, make sure to check back that you're still actually rubberbanding; only then the number is useful.
Now multiply those bytes by eight and then divide by 1048576.
The number you arrive at is how fast your computer is currently uploading in megabits.
Now wait for a moment where the rubberbanding ceases completely and you can play really really well.
At that moment do a speedtest and compare the measured upload megabits with the number you noted before.
If those numbers are close to each other that means that some program on your computer is claiming all your upload bandwidth.

3. If you're on WiFi try connecting a LAN cable.