How the Fonz can apply to RenX

Chrisjh0223

We probably already discussed it in-game. When you get a spy other than SBH spy, it's a rather silly thing. SBH spy is rather REAL good, for every map. And, do not underestimate sneakers (Engineer teams and lone Techies/Hotties). When you encounter enemy sneakers on ANY map (except SBH spy on base-defense maps) it's like encountering the Fonz who says "ayyy." I prefer to hear the Williams in Double Dragon Neon say "ayyy" as they say it better, I reviewed some gameplay footage but couldn't come across any of their ayyy dialogue. So enemy Techies/Hotties, Engies, and Nod SBHs and enemy spies may as well be like this guy.

ayyy.jpg

Yeah, kind of silly indeed (but imagine the DDN Williams sound clip instead with that pic and the upcoming pic). Or like this screenshot, which seems to say "ayyy" as well:

4255422_757dabd12d_m.jpg

Now about SBH spies on non-automated defense maps (like Xmountain). Yep. They come across as equally competent as Nod SBH on non-automated defense maps so I nickname the SBH spy as "GDI SBH." Imagine playing as ANY Nod character on this kind of map and coming across a GDI SBH. It's like "ayyy" lol. The GDI SBH may as well say "ayyy" to you in the spirit of either of those first 2 pics. HOWEVER, if you're on team Nod on a base-defense map and come across an SBH spy, it's more like meeting the following guy:

hqdefault.jpg

OOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHH! It's very likely you'll react "AAAHHHH! Enemy spooky spy on the map!" So on automated defense maps, a more fitting nickname for SBH spy is "Spooky Spy." Although once on Lakeside, I got an SBH spy and used the Ion Beacon in rather poor timing, so Nod ended up killing my beacon and the SBH spy. I then said "Looks like Spooky Spy is not so spooky." Shortly after Jeffseid responded "!Spooky" and we of course persisted in assaulting Nod. When used correctly though, a spooky spy is not to be underestimated. Even Mendoza can very likely crap his pants from the sheer awesomeness of an SBH spy. xD Nod SBH will never be spooky because automated defenses gun them down AND GDI players expect Nod SBH in fields and wherever automated defenses aren't functional.

Nod SBH rating (ALL maps): Expected/10

GDI's SBH spy ratings (automated defense maps): 11/10 AND Spooky/10

GDI SBH ratings (maps with zero automated defenses): 10/10 AND cool/10

For those of you who don't know, the Fonz is a character from the 70's sitcom Happy Days, it's a very old show that TV Land might still broadcast. When I last watched that channel I saw documentaries of actors & actresses from way back when, and even a few episodes of Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, and I Love Lucy. Double Dragon Neon has numerous pop culture references, and the way Wayforward's Williams voice actors do dialogue is in reference to the Fonz when they say "ayyy" but it's of course in their unique style. All in all, SBHs can be useful when done right, but I just find them more useful for GDI due to the SBH spy's very useful catch 22 factor.