Performance Issues

Merak_Haguen

Hello,

I have been playing the game for a few weeks, and I found out the game was running weird and having some issues. To have it to a better performance I had to configure all the settings to nearly minimum. To clarify, i decided to open this topic because, the gaming notebook I use, due to the specific nvidia card, show some problems on some games, the requires some different settings or sometimes, the developers to actually make a patch, for example, World of Warcraft would run if a lot of issues even in the mining, but when Legion expansion came out, I could run it all on maximum with no problem at all. Blizzard have said to be some compatibility problem.

Well, I am attaching screenshots of my current game configuration, and I am also giving my notebook configuration. I got one from Avell, and it has the following specs:

Processor: Intel Core I7-4710MQ CPU 2.50GHZ
Memory: 16 GB
Operational System: Windows 10 Pro
Default Video Card used by Notebook: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Gaming Video Card used when game is open: Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M
Display Mode: 1920 x 1080
Notebook Model: Avell G155 (Currenly not available at Avell WebSite)

I am attaching some images I just did of my specs and the game configuration. I am currently playing the game with a good experience, the delay just happens sometimes, and the game is currently playable, but I wish i could play without any issues and on maximum settings, if my computer can actually handle it.
In any case, I wish to be of help, and hope I can be useful to the technical team and to the community. I appreciate the game and the initiative to bring back such a good game.

Thank you,

Marcus Siqueira

DxDiag-01.jpg

DxDiag-02.jpg

Nvidia-01.jpg

RenegadeX-Config-01.jpg

RenegadeX-Config-02.jpg

RenegadeX-Config-03.jpg

• Like 1

Hi @MerakHaguen,

the reason for your performance trouble is the i7. Renegade X is based on the Unreal Engine 3 and that engine can't really handle multi-cores.

I'm also running RenX on a notebook, have an i7 with 2.3GHz. If you compare the FPS on ULTA & VERY LOW (graphics preset) you might notice, that both FPS values do not differ that much.

Reducing the resolution is a good start, but you've already done so.

Try running the UDK.exe with command line arguments, like:

SLVrC6QATSSTZM1fsAtpGA.png

https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/CommandLineArguments.html

Using that CLA won't give you a major FPS boost, but it helps to eliminate some extreme FPS drops (I asked quite a few users about their FPS with/without -USEALLAVAILABLECORES and all of them had ~ a one-digit % performance boost).

What might help you is that post from @YagiHige

I followed his instructions and got a 2x-3x FPS boost.

Note:

- backup your original .ini

- do NOT copy+paste the UDKSystemSettings.ini which Yagi attached. it's really old and they changed the .ini a lot.

- if you use that .ini the ingame graphics... is not that beautiful anymore... but take a loot at it ;)

- I recommend comparing the values of the first two sections and alter them according to Yagis .ini

I hope this helps to boost your FPS ;)

Regards,

Sn4ke

PS: feel free to PM me if you have any further issues. I can also provide my current graphics config if needed.

• Like 1