In regards to 64bit exe

so i tried the 64bit exe today and while it runs great FPS-wise, I noticed a couple bugs.

First is when i tried to use the purchase terminal, had about a 10-15 second freeze when I switched to the engineer from the soldier.

Second is when the game ended. when the map select timer ended, I lost all sound channels except for the front and rear speakers (continued on the next map as well) and thought i blew my subwoofer as there was no bass at all, including my music program. Once I quit the game my sound returned to normal. haven't tried it again as i don't want to damage anything, currently have the Creative Audigy 5/Rx sound card with Daniel K drivers. haven't experienced this in 32bit at all.

I would like to test some more but the sound bug has me paranoid, I don't want to damage my sound card and speakers

Not really. I know few instances that causes it, and that's switching the audio drivers or default device mid-game, which IIRC is any unreal game (Borderlands 2), or "overwhelming the audio" (mass beacons cause it sometimes, though rarely; more likely it'll just give you a silent beacon).

None of which should lead 64bit to do it more frequently. 64bit Unity has some poor syncronization, Kerbal was deemed unusable by the devs, despite pulling any x64 Unity executable to launch Kerbal with working. The only problems I noticed for it, was clicks being left in a "rollover" state, meaning any further click requires a doubleclick, then if it happens again, 3 clicks, and 4 clicks, and 5 clicks. Never audio bugs though, and I have less experience with Unreal64.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/648817377887866025/
https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?12539-Sound-cutting-out-Fix-me-please
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64397811

In regards to the last one, could same game-cache built by players having ran the 32-bit prior, cause problems with the 64-bit launcher using the cache?

The sound issue is an interesting one as it seems to be happening for a number of players irrespective of using 64bit or not, and it's only happening more recently.

We need more information on it, as audio problem can be caused by a number of things. 

I'll spin the audio problem into it's own issue, and probably it's own thread asking for detailed system info so we can find the actual cause.

In my experience, audio issues were caused by a sound device being disconnected or having a poor connection for a short period of time. My issues were actually resolved by replacing my headset.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:26 PM, Mr.Dynamite said:

First is when i tried to use the purchase terminal, had about a 10-15 second freeze when I switched to the engineer from the soldier.

This has been a long known problem, and was actually one of the original reasons the x64 binaries were never publicly published prior. This issue also potentially extends to the front end and escape menus. For the sake of information, can you say how the Win64 binaries perform on the front end menu, settings menu, etc?