Funny/Interesting Txt Tlk and Usernames

Chrisjh0223

This topic is for RenX, oldRen, games that run on the same engines (that you can type text to people during gameplay), and text talk in general (such as cell phones and AOL Instant Messenger).

I've seen some funny usernames (and some helpful) in RenX. You've probably heard of the girl on Dr. Phil who said "Cash me ousside." This girl said distorted street tough guy chat on his show and inadvertently started an Internet meme as a result. In RenX I once saw a username of "Cashmeousside" and later on a random person with an ordinary username changed his/her username to "Howboutdaht" which is another thing the girl said on Dr. Phil's show. I once played against team Nod on the Arctic Stronghold map, and I was Hotwire at the silo owned by Nod. There were enemy proximity mines on the silo stairs and the space around the MCT, so I started demining the silo. Shortly after the mines were removed, an enemy player changed his username to "MINES." This player effectively stressed the point to Nod that they were losing mines, but it also informed GDI that the player was onto the proximity mine loss. One other useful username switch happened during a match on Islands, when GDI players kept the building doors open by standing too close to the said doors. It was a person with Jeff in the username, he changed his name to something along the lines of "Don'tholdopenthedoor."

This very small conversation occurred during a PUG, I think. A random person said "LOL at ClownPrinceofCum." The user who had the name ClownPrinceofCrime said "It's supposed to be 'of crime.'" In the next line ClownPrinceofCrime wrote "Stupid game not showing full Steam name."

I have a little story from an early RenX Beta version, back when Tiberium sidearms were purchasable. I was on Team GDI on the Lakeside map, got an SBH spy, and a teammate was in a Stealth Tank. Both Nod turrets were destroyed, and only Nod's Refinery was left. I bought a Tiberium Auto Rifle, a Smoke Grenade, and an Ion beacon. So I got on the roof of the teammate Stealth Tank and we went to the Nod Refinery. He parked were the Refinery silo was, turned his turret toward a spot and said "there." So I planted the beacon and we dominated Nod soldiers, engies and techies. After the beacon destroyed the refinery, we won and a person said "That reminded me of when the Nod Mammoth destroyed the GDI base."

In one of Kenz3001's videos, Kenz played as an SBH for Nod and got to GDI's base vehicle entry point by the GDI tiberium field. He jogged forward and a shimmery outline of an enemy Stealth Tank appeared. Kenz backed away and said "WHOA THEY GOT A STANK" into his headset. He typed into team chat "GDI has a stank." "Who gave them a stank?" A teammate later responded (it's been a long while since I saw that video) something like "I did. I somehow messed up." So the GDI Stealth Tank started to shoot the missiles around, looking for Kenz's SBH and a Medium Tank helped the Stealth Tank. Kenz backed up to where that one tree is, out of the way of vehicle traffic. A Mammoth started looking around, and then looked directly at where Kenz was. Kenz said, "Oh bull<bleep>" and ran off as the Mammoth started shooting.

During one match of the Fort map, GDI got a hold of a Stealth Tank. A teammate on Nod noticed the GDI Stealth Tank and said to us "GDI has a stank." One other person said "We should deploy AT mines at our base entry point." The second person had a good point to counter the enemy Stealth Tank, but GDI does have powerful powerhouse tanks anyways, so hmmm, isn't deploying defense AT mines allways a good idea for Nod? Erm, duh, YEAH.

Yesterday on the Tunnels map, GDI acquired a Stealth Tank. So at one point later on UKill said "Giving the enemy stanks is not" and ended his text at that. I responded "Giving the enemy stanks is not <what?>" and didn't get a response. That was kind of strange, I could tell he meant to say something else but it was an incomplete thought.

The next text entry is from a Tiberian Sun Reborn match, recorded and put on YouTube. A single Nod player responded to "Our Harvester is under attack," a message from CABAL. The sole GDI player destroyed the Nod Harvester. The only Nod player who responded to the CABAL text said to his team "You bleeping bleeps." "You lost our Harvester to A SINGLE Disc Thrower." If you want the uncensored text watch the video.

On one of the oldRen videos on YouTube, a cheater was caught in the act. I think it was a person on GDI using a stealth reveal hack. The person on Nod recording the video made sure to get proper proof of cheating, and then said "Smile. You're on candid camera. :)" On various other videos of oldRen where cheaters are recorded, the recorder will say things on in-game global text chat like "Yeah, so&so was recorded using such&such a cheat. I got him/her on camera as per evidence."

OldRen and RenX allow server owners to make custom auto-text messages. One funny message on the auto-scroll on an oldRen server is "Have fun playing within the rules, or else our mods/admins will have fun kicking you."

If you have anything to add, please share. We're looking at ALL text chat possible, so don't feel limited to C&C Renegade and similar games (got anything funny/interesting from other video games?). Remember, real life text talk and Instant Messenger does apply if you want, but do not share anything TOO personal, this topic is for stuff you CAN share openly.

7 hours ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

Yesterday on the Tunnels map, GDI acquired a Stealth Tank. So at one point later on UKill said "Giving the enemy stanks is not" and ended his text at that. I responded "Giving the enemy stanks is not <what?>" and didn't get a response. That was kind of strange, I could tell he meant to say something else but it was an incomplete thought.

I remember that i did respond, and was to frustrated to give a long answer 9_9, i can explain it now :D.

My response was "Victory", so i understand there is a great chance you did miss this response.

Somebody did say, that (Something I don't remember).... was a Victory. This i do remember.

It was a couple of seconds after i died nearby the power plant, because 2 people did jump out of there stanks on the same time, and both did choose there own door to disarm the mines and both stanks where stolen O.o, and of course they did drive over the guys and started shooting my 1K karakter, and that long end walk to the other base...And then those guys...

In the end...Shit Happens :cool: