Walls NF flawed ramps

limsup

I do not know if anyone has reported this, but it seems that there is a problem with the side-ramps on Walls NF [both GDI and Nod side]. It seems to be possible to "climb up" the Wall with tanks. Yesterday on Constructive Tyranny's Marathon srv., Nod Flame Tanks have scaled the GDI Wall's side ramp near the Weapons Factory, from the outside. I asked the other players of the GDI team - others had witnessed this also at least in two instances.

Today, (on the same server) while playing on the Nod team, a whole battalion of GDI tanks (primarily Medium Tanks) have also done this "trick" en masse. I witnessed numerous players (some from the Leaderboard's first page) express their concerns regarding this phenomena in the in-game chat, as this is a regular map on many servers, and a most popular one at that...

Should this issue been reported previously, please take the liberty of closing this topic.

The issue exists on more than just WallsNF, it has existed on all iterations of the Walls Maps. As for people abusing it, did you raise the issue to a moderator?

We need to be informed of such events so we can take action against them.

As for trying to stop the issue from occuring, it proves very difficult since there is always ways to get round Vehicle Blocking if persistant enough.

5 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

The issue exists on more than just WallsNF, it has existed on all iterations of the Walls Maps. As for people abusing it, did you raise the issue to a moderator?

We need to be informed of such events so we can take action against them.

As for trying to stop the issue from occuring, it proves very difficult since there is always ways to get round Vehicle Blocking if persistant enough.

I'm sorry, I haven't thought of calling a moderator... I started playing Renegade X only recently, I am trying to familiarize myself with numerous things and customs...

Guest Gliven

the easiest solution would be to raise the side ramps, but it still wouldnt prevent people from stacking tanks and driving over. Also it is pretty easy to get a stank, a gdi apc, or a medium tank anywhere with enough persistence and a little help from another tank.

So if I understand it correctly, the whole phenomenon would essentially boil down to the Vehicle Physics of the Unreal Engine?

Indeed! Just now on CT Custom Map Test Server [Walls (Flying)] I have managed to climb the wall with a Flame Tank (two in total and an Artillery). Seasoned drivers working in concert may be able to do it with fewer vehicles, and pretty swiftly...

Edited by limsup

4 hours ago, Gliven said:

the easiest solution would be to raise the side ramps, but it still wouldnt prevent people from stacking tanks and driving over. Also it is pretty easy to get a stank, a gdi apc, or a medium tank anywhere with enough persistence and a little help from another tank.

GDI APC is the worst vehicle to mention here :D take Nod APC instead. it's almost as good as a stank in terms of getting to certain locations..

1 hour ago, limsup said:

Indeed! Just now on CT Custom Map Test Server [Walls (Flying)] I have managed to climb the wall with a Flame Tank (two in total and an Artillery). Seasoned drivers working in concert may be able to do it with fewer vehicles, and pretty swiftly...

couple of months ago certain vehicles could do that solo. as long as it takes multiple vehicles to get to certain spots it's okay. glitching is something for loners. multiple vehicles (players) trying to glitch are easily spotted and get kicked/tbanned/banned (depends on the current server/mod)

Edited by DarkSn4ke

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

couple of months ago certain vehicles could do that solo. as long as it takes multiple vehicles to get to certain spots it's okay. glitching is something for loners. multiple vehicles (players) trying to glitch are easily spotted and get kicked/tbanned/banned (depends on the current server/mod)

I see! Thank you very much for the clarification!

Guest Gliven
3 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

GDI APC is the worst vehicle to mention here :D take Nod APC instead. it's almost as good as a stank in terms of getting to certain locations..

GDI APC is second to only the stank when it comes to climbing mountains with the nod artillery a close 3rd and mrls 4th. Nod apc is poo poo. The only reason i would ever drive a nod apc would be to spood beast down a hill backwards.

just spent 10 mins testing walls flying, here are the results of which tanks can get over the side ramps on their own

Hon side ramp
Litterally every vehicle except the Mammy can get over this side of the wall

Air Strip side ramp
GDI APC

Medium tank

MRLS

Barracks side ramp

Artillery

Stank

Weapons Factory side ramp

Artillery

Stank

The Hon side ramp is super easy to get over, every vehicle except the med tank took only 1 try to get over. Med tank took 3 tries to finally get over.

GDI's side ramps were actually pretty tough to get over. The arty had somewhat trouble to get over, and with the stank, you just have to wait for the right bounce. 

All of my testing was done by myself. I didnt bother trying to get Nod vehicles over the Nod walls and vise versa, for obvious reasons.

Mammoth tank was too fat to get over the wall :( i came really close though. With at least one other tank helping i could have gotten it over.

Mammy climbing 2.jpg

Mammy climbing.jpg

Edited by Gliven

Guest Gliven

I also wont post how i managed to do this, for obvious reasons. Also trying to flank over the walls with MRLS or an Arty probably isnt the best strategy. It would be pretty funny trying sneak an arty to the back of GDI base though.

I would never do this in an actual game. I am usually the one to call out people on this and ask for a mod when i see it. Getting tanks on top of the walls is also a thing still. And i still call people out on it.

well, never spent much time testing this, so I believe you if you say it's still possible for solo vehicles.

But... I will never agree to this one.

2 hours ago, Gliven said:

GDI APC is second to only the stank when it comes to climbing mountains

Nod APC > GDI APC (climbing abilities)