Launcher Update gets stucked.

Maestro

Hi, guys, Launcher been asking to patch itself quite often lately. The game is getting real fun (60 players is a win-win).

Issue: The launcher gets stuck after the validation and stays like that forever, tried 3 times, 3 restarts and router resets included.

Allways same issue. Just asking if it is a version issue or I will download the whole game again. 

Cheers ! You guys glow!

Untitled.png

I think you're using the launcher version with the goofed up the version number that was posted on the forums sometime back. Please reinstall the launcher.

Here's the current launcher in the form of a zip: http://cdn.renegade-x.com/site/launcher-4287.zip

If someone comes across this thread in the future and the above link turns out to be a dead link, please download from the link labeled "patch_url" under "launcher" here: https://renegade-x.com/launcher_data/version/release.json

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agent said:

I think you're using the launcher version with the goofed up the version number that was posted on the forums sometime back. Please reinstall the launcher.

Here's the current launcher in the form of a zip: http://cdn.renegade-x.com/site/launcher-4287.zip

If someone comes across this thread in the future and the above link turns out to be a dead link, please download from the link labeled "patch_url" under "launcher" here: https://renegade-x.com/launcher_data/version/release.json

Going to try that tonight :) Thank you ! Shall inform how it went.

My message was actually directed at @Snappy, sorry!

The current launcher version has 2 known issues regarding progress:

• Download progress on a file is not reported until finished -- this results is weird display changes from 0 B/s to ridiculous figures beyond your network's limitations
  • Downloads pause for a short period of time after an individual file finishes downloading -- this is because it's verifying the hash of the downloaded file before proceeding to the next

Both of these issues are addressed in the next launcher build. In the mean time, you should be able to just "let it run" for a few minutes so it'll make progress. You can't have this build right now unfortunately, because it introduces a compatibility breaking change regarding game patching (we're switching from SHA-1 hashes to SHA-256 hashes), which requires a game patch to coincide with it.

You can actually expect a launcher and game patch sometime in the near future (likely within 48 hours).

57 minutes ago, Agent said:

My message was actually directed at @Snappy, sorry!

The current launcher version has 2 known issues regarding progress:

• Download progress on a file is not reported until finished -- this results is weird display changes from 0 B/s to ridiculous figures beyond your network's limitations
  • Downloads pause for a short period of time after an individual file finishes downloading -- this is because it's verifying the hash of the downloaded file before proceeding to the next

Both of these issues are addressed in the next launcher build. In the mean time, you should be able to just "let it run" for a few minutes so it'll make progress. You can't have this build right now unfortunately, because it introduces a compatibility breaking change regarding game patching (we're switching from SHA-1 hashes to SHA-256 hashes), which requires a game patch to coincide with it.

You can actually expect a launcher and game patch sometime in the near future (likely within 48 hours).

You helped me fix it anyway :) works like a charm exactly as described. Cheers ! See you in the field !