Cannot play

Reeig

Hi, i used to play when the first beta came but after a few months i stopped playing. Today i felt like reinstalling it again and so i did.

First thing i noticed was that now it has a launcher, which is nice!

Well now is when the problem start.

First of all, i see only a few servers and almost all of them are empty, i remember there was at least four or five servers always full, is it that people stopped playing Renegade X or am i having some trouble with something? I'm on Beta 5.281, this is the latest version right?

Second thing is when i try to join a server by pressing the button "Launch server" i get this message:

https://gyazo.com/76a29bdeeb7eb32833bc6ea069c741f8

also this console opens:

https://gyazo.com/3448ac4279e8186dca50cececf085543

after this everything is ok till the last sentence, which says:

[0014.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load "Transient" : Can't find file "Transient"

----

I've tried to join the server with the "Join IP" and entering the IP shown on the first image. Instantly the game opens, and it goes to main menu. I wait for it (i thought it was gonna open and join the game itself) but nothing happened, then i go to multiplayer, click on refresh and a message appears:

"Fetching server list complete. No server found!"

I have no idea what's happening. back when it was released it was pretty easy, download, multiplayer, play.

3 minutes ago, Reeig said:

Hi, i used to play when the first beta came but after a few months i stopped playing. Today i felt like reinstalling it again and so i did.

First thing i noticed was that now it has a launcher, which is nice!

Well now is when the problem start.

First of all, i see only a few servers and almost all of them are empty, i remember there was at least four or five servers always full, is it that people stopped playing Renegade X or am i having some trouble with something? I'm on Beta 5.281, this is the latest version right?

Second thing is when i try to join a server by pressing the button "Launch server" i get this message:

https://gyazo.com/76a29bdeeb7eb32833bc6ea069c741f8

also this console opens:

https://gyazo.com/3448ac4279e8186dca50cececf085543

after this everything is ok till the last sentence, which says:

[0014.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load "Transient" : Can't find file "Transient"

----

I've tried to join the server with the "Join IP" and entering the IP shown on the first image. Instantly the game opens, and it goes to main menu. I wait for it (i thought it was gonna open and join the game itself) but nothing happened, then i go to multiplayer, click on refresh and a message appears:

"Fetching server list complete. No server found!"

I have no idea what's happening. back when it was released it was pretty easy, download, multiplayer, play.

select a server from the list, then click the join server button to the right

4 minutes ago, (Ger)Luhrian said:

So if you select a server and klick on "Join Server" or on "Launch Game" you really can't join?

I am sorry if I can't help you much never saw a problem like this

Screenshot (33).png

finally worked, did reset the game, on settings and now works, but i don't know how, when  i verified before it said it was correct, dafuck, thanks for your help anyways!

43 minutes ago, Reeig said:

Hi, i used to play when the first beta came but after a few months i stopped playing. Today i felt like reinstalling it again and so i did. [...]

I see only a few servers and almost all of them are empty, i remember there was at least four or five servers always full, is it that people stopped playing Renegade X or am i having some trouble with something? I'm on Beta 5.281, this is the latest version right?

Other people did the same and stopped playing, so the playerbase shrinked a lot over time. Currently there is usually just one server really populated anymore.

Edited by Denuvian

Issue 1:

It appears your main issue was you were booting a server rather than attempting to join a server that already existed. 

To Join a server already in-progress use the Join Server rather than Launch Server.

Issue 2:

A known issue for some players is that you lose access to the in-game multiplayer server listings, but you can simply reconnect via the out of game launcher.

Extra 3:

Due to a bunch of DDoS attacks on many of the servers that ran Renegade X over during last year, much of the community stopped playing, and many of the larger communities broke up and no-longer play. We still have between 1-2 servers running at any one time with a reasonable number of people.

• Like 1