vehicle secondary armaments

HardCoreNoddie1987

I'm not sure if this has been brought to attention before and I can see the counter argument to unit-role/balance, but is there any future plans to make certain vehicles like tanks (examples the M-1a Abrams from Tiberian Dawn, the bonus NOD Tick-Tank and the GDI Titan from Tiberian Sun)  have a secondary armament as co-axial machine guns like in real life? I mean I can see the barrel for one co-axial gun mounted above the 120mm cannon on the Titan and the barrel for a autocannon co-axial mount on the Abrams. I'm not trying to step on your guys' toes you've done a jaw-dropping job on this remake of Renegade (that people desperately needed who are fans like me) I notice that in the wiki of the Command And Conquer franchise (the early games) they weren't able to code in secondary vehicular armament like that. Only a few mods from MODDB for cnc3 and the graphics/physics engine for Generals (for Tiberian Dawn Redux) have actually addressed this concern. So again Is it possible that you'll code in that later on?

As for the anti-infantry machine guns on tanks, those are omitted from C&C Renegade to give Humvees, Buggies, and APCs a dedicated role of anti-soldier combat. If you manage to land tank shells on Kevlar infantry and SBHs, then they DO inflict massive damage. Thanks to the flak armor units, dedicated anti-infantry units have more purpose now, so giving the tanks a useful anti-infantry gun would ruin the balance and sort of become game breakers, something the developers want to avoid in a multiplayer game like RenX.

If you played the first Red Alert, then you would notice that Mammoth Tanks the Soviet Union has are equipped with TWO weapons, the twin front anti-tank cannons and the rear mounted missile launchers. While these missiles are intended for combatting air vehicles, if you tell a Mammoth to attack a soldier it will deliberately fire the missiles at the soldier, killing the soldier with one hit most often (a good example of a broken unit for multiplayer games). Mammoth Tanks in Tiberian Dawn also had a secondary armament as does the Mammoth MK II of Tiberian Sun; unless you had a different conversational intention for vehicle secondary armaments in the OP?