Steam Achievements Are Possibly Bugged

Chrisjh0223

Have you seemed to get any Xbox/Steam achievements or PSN trophies unusually? Well, I couldn't help but notice 3 possibly bugged Steam achievements on Double Dragon Neon.

So the first one in question was Grand Slam, where you have to defeat 4 enemies with a single bat swing. Right before I got the achievement, I was sort of repeatedly pressing the attack button in desperation and I think I got only 2 or 3 enemies with the first swing but then got the fourth in the next consecutive swing or maybe I got them all with a single swing, I'm not sure. It did look like it took a second swing for the last enemy but this all happened very quickly. Nonetheless the achievement registered and Steam gave me Grand Slam.

Next is Bro-merang. When my teammate first threw the boomerang to me, it damaged me (because we needed Friendly Fire enabled for the long-term achievement). It occurred to us then to get this achievement later after we beat the game then return to this spot with Friendly Fire off. So we're playing through the rest of Mission 5 and we get to where the 6 planks are and I managed to get the Bro-merang achievement during all the chaos (I think I may have snatched/intercepted a mid-air boomerang thrown by my teammate or a Williams), the achievement popped up in the lower right corner of the screen. Later during a break I get to see the most recent achievement was Bro-merang; so I said to my teammate "LOL, I somehow got the Bro-merang achievement during Mission 5." He responded "XD! That's great!"

Finally I must inform you of Max Fidelity. We were playing through Mission 6 up to a part with the helicopter and the Shinobis/Williams. All of a sudden, my teammate's computer crapped out on his end and his character was gone from the game. We try again, same thing and I was hosting up to this point. He thinks his computer connection got bugged when the helicopter was on-screen, could be a glitch with the helicopter's action scripts. So we try for a third attempt with him hosting the game for a change; now some time thereafter I pick up a mixtape and I get the Max Fidelity achievement in the bottom right corner (I thought that couldn't be right).

The game crapped out when we beat Mission 6 but before the mission select screen came up, so I'm not sure if the credential flag for the achievement registered on my end. So we chose to do the achievement campaign for a later date. Now I think that because he was hosting and my computer/Steam account read data from his profile (he said he has all achievements except a 2-player one, so he therefore has Max Fidelity and therefore all tapes maxed out) it got confused and thought I had Max Fidelity status, so picking up the mixtape unlocked it. Strange.

Back when I thought I saw the achievement come up I made a mental note of it; so later on after we quit the game I checked my achievements from the game. Sure enough, the screen confirmed I unlocked Max Fidelity. So I went in-game and reviewed my tape levels, at least some are nowhere near level 50. Heck, the Tapesmith also has yet to upgrade some of the tape capacities, lol.

So yeah, share your glitch achievement stories in this thread please.