How can I improve Internet connection power and reduce Ping?

Chrisjh0223

These false positive "Speed Hack Detected" incidents are getting annoying. Do you have any advice for how to improve our Internet connections? A friend once told me there are these satellite shaped relayer devices that can boost a wireless signal in a house, you put one here and another there to improve the Internet reception at your end; does anyone know the name of this device and what store sells them?

It doesn't have to be dish shaped, but any router can have a firmware wipe to use custom downloaded firmware as a "reciever" with range equal to it's broadcast range (usually better than a computer reciever range). From there, I am not sure if it is possible to broadcast anymore though while it is recieving, just to lan-wire.

There are routers that have 2 antenna that can do both IIRC, but those are also expensive, while a Linksys WRG is something like 25-40 bucks as long as you don't mind wiping it's firmware and installing your own and using it as a reciever-only with wired output.

• 2 weeks later...