MINES.... MY FAV MINES HAVE A BUG

ljl87

I have just recently been able to reproduce this and talked to the devs directly on that one. However, luckily, specifically for mining, I have a "prevention" and a "fix".

Prevention: NEVER refill your mines after just using them. This goes for Timed and Remote C4 too. If someone is in your structure and you throw your last c4 at them, do NOT refill remote c4 immediately. Give it like 5 seconds since throwing your last 1 to refill. If you refill instantly after your last one left your hand, it will remove the weapon because they are empty, after the refill goes through, thus removing permanently, and being unrefillable. Also, don't use up all 6, 5 a door is optimal anyway, use 5 and refill so you keep 1 left when you refill.

Fix: If you have lost the mine weapon and cannot refill it, go to the PT and switch to Grenades in the top corner below pistol and leave the PT. You will now have nades. Now, go to PT and switch grenades back to mines, same place top corner. NOW you will have mines back. There is NO fix without repurchasing your hotwire/tech/engi for losing timed/remotes, so don't refill those after just having used them or you will regret it.

Fix: If you have lost the mine weapon and cannot refill it, go to the PT and switch to Grenades in the top corner below pistol and leave the PT. You will now have nades. Now, go to PT and switch grenades back to mines, same place top corner.

I had already know the fix above before I read your comment. =) Its still annoying tho especially early game where you would have to mine the entire base asap.