Can't Launch Matches

Tarvin

When I go to the server screen and hit join nothing happens. In the off chance something does happen it goes to the loading screen and then goes back to the server screen with the message that the server is at capacity.

I can't help but wonder if this is a problem others are having, and imagine it is, because the initial beta launch saw a large increase in server population over what would normally be there and then dropped off about the same time I started having issues.

I would have reported sooner but the retrieve password feature for the forums doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. Join button does nothing after I select a server.

Also, there seems to be no one playing this game. The only match I found had 2 players and I still couldn't join. This is a game I've wanted a remake of for 10 years. I just want to play.

I'm having the same problem. Join button does nothing after I select a server.

Also, there seems to be no one playing this game. The only match I found had 2 players and I still couldn't join. This is a game I've wanted a remake of for 10 years. I just want to play.

There are usually always 1 of 2 populated servers. EkT and TmX. One is AoW and one is Marathon. Do you not see those and do they not have 15-40 players in them? What time are you logging on?

Also, I am recently myself, noticing a delay in launching to a server. Tried letting the screen idle after selecting "join" and waiting to see if it eventually goes?

I also, rarely, notice an incorrect player display for a server in the list. It used to be real common, but is less so nowadays. TMX at this very moment shows... 5 players on a 2 am central, and I play around this time all the time and see often times 16 player games going on. There is also 2 players in Map Testing server, which is public too.

I would ask if you have the launcher for version 4.02, but it sounds like you just installed it. Does the launcher and/or the game have permissions? These may sound like shots in the dark, but the launcher does have to be up to 4.02 and permissions to launch the game and the game have network connection to find a server and connect, in order to play.

At the moment I am posting this I am getting the same not-joining sitting at screen problem you are, so I am definitely having this looked into. I still get into games, I don't know what works or not, but I'll let you know. EDIT: It took a minute and 10 seconds for it to react and join-game. So yeah, give it a minute for the moment being. I will definitely have it looked into.

The first time you join a server with the new fixes from the devs. It can take up2 3mins to download the files etc and connect. (for me took 30secs but one of my guys said it was 3mins).

So give it say 5mins if it doesnt work can we have your launch.log to look at?

The first time you join a server with the new fixes from the devs. It can take up2 3mins to download the files etc and connect. (for me took 30secs but one of my guys said it was 3mins).

So give it say 5mins if it doesnt work can we have your launch.log to look at?

He appears to be right. This did start right about when the anti-ghosting expoit was introduced via mutator. Apparently, a server with a mutator or a custom maps, takes time to load. It may take 2-3 minutes for clicking join in the in-game multiplayer server list, and it will allow you to scroll the list and click other stuff, but if you are still ingame 2 minutes after you click join even if you go to settings or something it will suddenly drop everything and you will see the loading screen and be ingame.

At the time of this post, there are 40 in EkT Marathon and 12 people in TmX AoW and even 2 in the official testing server for fan-maps. And... some in the "Renegade X Server" that I assume is one of the hosted official ones?