game pc

LucThaz

hey,

Im thinking about buying a budget game pc. my budget is not that high, around €600,-. i have absolutely no experience with selecting my own parts, or putting it all together. but it wont be a problem.

I want to be able to play renegade x and Counterstrike Global Offensive on high settings, i think that would be possible? And i don't care about SSD.

I've done some research and came across this stock machine:

Intel® Core™ i3-4150 3.5 GHz

8GB DDRIII Memory

1000GB Sata lIl HDD

AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB

Price €600

Do you guys think these specs will be able to run this and other games on high settings? Or do i need to manage my expectations for around €600? :P

hope you guys can help me out! :)

Luc

I personally think any i3 won't be great. I'd look up benchmarks of video cards vs price as well, the rest seems sound, 8 GB memory is more than enough unless you'll be recording or something. The video card and CPU are probably what you'll be concentrating most of your money on. Overall I'd reckon building your own computer is the best choice of action rather than one premade. It takes a little know how, but it's nothing you can't learn through a bit of quick research.

Okay, I fiddled around and found a computer you could build that could work well.

Case: DIYPC Skyline-B Black Steel

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM

Memory: 4X G.SKILL NS F3-10600CL9S-2GBNS (8GB total)

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Anniversary

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Quad-Core 3.3GHz

Power Supply: 650W Dual 12V Rails Power Supply for HP Compaq 5188 2625 5188 2626 5188 2627 ATX

GPU: Radeon HD 6970

Grand Total: €598.69

Includes cost of SATA cable and Thermal paste.

I would suggest doing an AMD build and buy a powerful GPU. Intel is better than AMD in a lot of ways but in price to performance ratio AMD beats them. I think budget builds should be AMD especially for gaming budget builds.

This is what I would build if I was in your shoes(€525.97):

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HvxZjX

That build would run Renegade X quite well and CSGO extremely well. The reason I suggest this build is because you will be able to play many new games in the future and wont have to upgrade that machine for awhile.