Simple repair beam suggestion

sarabi

I alternate made Z a toggle-fire option. Just like I made sprint a toggle.

Putting a toggle fire on the secondary mode is a fine idea.

I have no idea why nobody ever asked for sprint toggle though. Holding that button is a gigantic pain in the butt.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the idea is great. The only alternative secondary fire I can think of is Technicians and Hotwires being given an Overcharge ability that lets them repair more quickly in short bursts. The balance to this would be that using Overcharge too much could temporarily short out the repair gun entirely. This would make repairing for the expensive character units more engaging while toggle repair for basic engineers would make them less tedious.

The only downside is that people may purchase engineers and just camp control terminals while they go AFK.

No... don't completely destroy your own feature by making my own .ini editing still the superior option. I already have a perfect fire toggle of my own through .ini editing. If I did not, I'd use AutoHotKey. Why would you do such a thing.

The game just needs to consider them AFK and kick them if they haven't moved for whatever the time is. Though I've never seen a server kick idle players automatically, anyway.

Lets not pretend engineers repairing a building is the most fun work. If someone is AFK in the PP and actually repairing damage all game long on Mesa, he's keeping a dull job away from everyone else. Try not to punish him for that.