More Flamethrower Body Damage

The flamethrower is not very effective against other soldiers. To make the flamethrower more effective I was thinking, upping it's body damage. Headshot damage seems fine.

More ideas:

-Increasing the speed of the projectile, so that it is at least as fast as bullets (like the chaingun's bullets speed)

- - - -

Since the chemical sprayer is basically a flamethrower but with twice the fire power, changes made to teh flamethrower should also apply to the chem sprayer.

But if yah wanna get REALLY fancy, why not make the chemsprayer's projectile leave gas residue that lingers in the air for a little bit, damaging hostiles that wander through. Just something to differentiate it from the flamethrower.

You muthafuckahs serious? No one thinks the Flamethrower sucks ass and needs help?

In real life I should kill you.

What the fuck did you just fucking send to my base, you fascist scum? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Officer Corp, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on small outposts, and I have over 300 confirmed bases destroyed. I am trained in micromanagement and I'm the top commander in the entire 17th regiment. You are nothing to me but just another GDI commander. I will wipe your base the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with sending those Titans to blow up my power plants? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of bases across the world and your transmission is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your base. You're fucking dead, commander. My forces can be anywhere, anytime, and they can destroy your base in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a commando. Not only am I extensively trained in base building, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Brotherhood of Nod and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your fascist ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little attack was about to bring down upon your base, maybe you would have held your forces back. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. My forces will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. PEACE THROUGH POWER!

The flame thrower needs a slight damage buff, even with its volumetric change he is still out classed by other free infantry. One problem I find with him is that its hard to hit anyone retreating since the flames are pretty slow. Even hitting retreating vehicles is difficult.

I think his damage should be based on the range it hits. High damage at close range and low damage at long range (same dot damage though, which should be buffed). The flame thrower should be as tough as a shotgun at close range assuming the player has at-least 70% tracking with it.

It should get a mildly magnified damage buff to vehicle heavy-armor.

Because that is it's only real purpose. Shotgun outclasses close range, rifle long range, and marksman is a whole nother situation.

The flamethrower, should have medium range, steady damage like current, but do slightly better damage to vehicles so a clip does 10% a medium tank's health. Possibly increase it's rate of fire, which doesn't increase it's damage much but does increase it's damage volume against in-base enemy vehicles.

Oh, here is another idea. How about, keep it's infantry damage low, keep it's vehicle damage the best of free classes... and increase it's range indefinitely with it's current napalm-like arch... AND give it legitimate splash damage. Then, it would also be a good choice against infantry-clusters, which is a real counter against most nod infantry except the chem trooper.

Speaking of the chem trooper, giving it a lingering projectile would be neat, just for temporary area denial. I was thinking, any bullet impact created "tiberium surface" that damages enemies, the surface just lasts 8 seconds though, and it isn't like "tiberium surface" does "real fatal" damage because it don't.

In matter of fact, maybe THAT is what the flamethrower needs, a lingering ground effect for 6-10 seconds where walking across the projectile's collision area on the ground starts "fire" damage. That gives the flamethrower a tactical use against infantry at most (albeit the more dense the infantry cluster the more the effect, and the better the kited distance the more the effect).

You muthafuckahs serious? No one thinks the Flamethrower sucks ass and needs help?

In real life I should kill you.

What the fuck did you just fucking send to my base, you fascist scum? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Officer Corp, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on small outposts, and I have over 300 confirmed bases destroyed. I am trained in micromanagement and I'm the top commander in the entire 17th regiment. You are nothing to me but just another GDI commander. I will wipe your base the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with sending those Titans to blow up my power plants? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of bases across the world and your transmission is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your base. You're fucking dead, commander. My forces can be anywhere, anytime, and they can destroy your base in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a commando. Not only am I extensively trained in base building, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Brotherhood of Nod and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your fascist ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little attack was about to bring down upon your base, maybe you would have held your forces back. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. My forces will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. PEACE THROUGH POWER!

Bitch plz, I am Nod. I'm also your real dad.

@Br0Tranquility: The flamethrower being anti armor only, I don't like that. I wanna see a flamethrower be a menace to infantry like the grenadier and shotgunner is. Although the shotgunner has its up close precision kills, and the grenadier has its longer range bombardment, the flamethrower should kinda be inbetween. Actually setting surfaces on fire for a bit sounds cool. Lingering chemical clouds from the Chem Warrior would be cool as FUCK, y0!