Poor framerate...

khometmibro

I checked on game ranger and I should be able to play this game on atleast medium settings.

Nvidia Geforce 740M (2GB dedicated)

6 GB ram

Intel i5-3337U

I get pretty choppy gameplay... even on lowest settings. It gets worse like 2 mins in, the game becomes unplayable.

Yes, I've tried making the nvidia graphics card the default one and I've tried putting it on max performance in terms of battery usage.

Should I just wait it out until the game is optimized?

Wierd, on lowest settings it should be playable, although because the i5 is a 3337U don't expect too much from it with 2 cores, but yeah your laptop is capable purely specs wise.

That said, I've seen a couple of other laptops with Nvidia Optimus battling to run Ren X at decent framerates, so it might just be a case of waiting for a fix unfortunately :(

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved guys.

Bought a good laptop cooling fan. It was just a laptop heating issue. I can play on medium, highest resolution and zero lag. Game looks great! Might up the graphics further and see what happens as medium is flawless.

Now I only hope that someone starts an australian server...

• 2 months later...