Beta 3 my 2cents

IKILUNOW

The new generation of FPS gamers, play on Xbox & Play Station with games made by the best coders for hire. Old die hard PC gamers like myself, frankly can’t get a handle on the damn controllers as I don’t have the time a youngster does to master it. The C & C genre is going to make or break this game and will develop “old school thinking” to embrace it as there is no other game like it in a FPS. I also feel you will need to get this on STEAM when the bugs are worked out and sell upgrades and goodies. I understand why you would decide to release the initial beta to the general public. I am guessing you are not receiving the feedback you anticipated from the beta testers. I am not a coder, just played with some Perl and php scripting. I would think if I were doing this the next beta would be free to registered beta testers. They would all have to give you their e-mail addresses and/or join a beta tester’s forum. They would also have to agree to install a “performance logging program” designed by you to report problems with your software. I work as a computer repair tech and one thing I know for sure most gamers think they know more than that actually do! Just like myself when I started this job 6 years ago. I have been able to solve some of the game issues by cleaning up running services and startups, uninstalling my VM, updating my video driver and cranking down the resolution. The frequency of crashes are less after my tweaks and I notice more frequent on full servers.

Denser server population is always a lofty ideal.

A logging program, honestly, the other game I participate in early access on in my signature, their set to release full physical copies but right now they exclusively run server side just in order to collect all performance and crash logs to improve their bugfixing greatly.

However, these devs are working on a game they can't monetize, it is an EA thing that they are making a fan work out of. Bless them for it, it is really good even now, but alas, they can't sell anything for it or sell it, and that means they can only put it on Steam if Steam agrees to add it on the grounds it can't sell anything (other f2p has microtransactions). Right now, it technically works on Stream, on the grounds that it works standalone but Steam Overlay works with that and it applies Steam name to the game and it tracks game stats progressively through Steam.

I do not know anything about this business, please do not take offence to my post. And yes bless their hearts! I realized after posting this I should have mentioned to release Beta 3 to the public after the registered beta testers involvement. I for one would do my best to get involved, such as answering a questionnaire and recording gameplay or anything I could do to help bring this project to completion.