Server closing upon startup

Ston3Cold

Hi,

It seems that one of my posts got deleted that I made yesterday, so I'm assuming one of the mods/developers thought it wasn't appropriate for that specific thread. So here's hoping that this thread is suitable in this section of the forum.

As the topic title indicates, as soon as I'm launching my server via the .bat file (I used the example given in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=71916)

I'm trying to launch it on a VM running Windows Server 2003 R2. I can see that UDK.exe opens under processes, but after about 5 seconds it automatically closes itself :(

When looking in Event Manager it complains about an error similar to this:

Faulting application UDK.exe, version 1.0.10246.0, time stamp 0x50ad4099, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18449, time stamp 0x4da47967, exception code 0x00000001, fault offset 0x0003fc56, process id 0x1038, application start time 0x01cdcb7aa410.

Is it case that the UDK version used with Ren X requires a certain Windows version to be hosted on? I can start a server perfectly fine on my machine (Win 8.1 x64), but would obviously like to host a dedicated one on the VM in the data center.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, had the same problem, so i thought i will write here how i repaired it.

First error was about missing xinput ... that's easy, just install DirectX :)

Second error was about missing .net framework 4, but before that, i needed windows imaging component (search on microsoft.com for it).

Then i was in same state as OP. For long time. I tried windows update without any change. I installed .net 2.0 and updating drivers for graphics card (ATI 7000) - errors in event log disappeared and server started crashing sooner (normaly it would load up memory up to the 90MB and crash, but after vga driver update, it crashed in 40Mb range).

Then i remembered that lot of games hate RDP, since you "have installed" different graphics card ... i set up scheduled task, to launch server.bat to launch it after windows startup and it worked :)

Now if you could join server you specified, instead of joining different one :D