My work in progress - A C&C95 video featuring renX

XD_ERROR_XD

hello guys! the holidays just came in, and i have 2 weeks no school! so: it's a perfect time to make a (pretty unusual) video featuring Renegade X. and i have been working overtime on it.

what for video, you say?

my video will be made on Command and Conquer: Tiberian dawn, and what i will do is make words and icons with infantry(?!)

okay, this may sound weird, but when you will see the final result, i promise you will be suprised! :D

i already have ''Renegade X'' and the Not For Sale-icon finished. the Not For Sale-icon is supposed to say ''no money needed, avaiable for free". My next icon will be the Repair icon, which i most probably have finished in a couple of days.

but, i am afraid my pc is too crappy to use any recording software to record it at home. but i will be visiting a good friend of mine in 2 days, and he said it would be fine if i would make the video at him. so my first video will be finished soon, but most probably i will be improving that video.

BUT i will also make my save files avaiable to anyone that is interested, so feel free to make your own video!

what you will need is the game C&C gold, which is freeware. you can download the newest version from here:

"C&C gold"

installing the game is very easy. burn the iso's on a cd, or mount the files using any mounting software.

i DISRECOMMEND you download daemon toos, because some of the versions contain a virus and will keep making your pc reboot.

try using this program instead:

ISODisk

more icons will be avaiable soon.

the save files can be downloaded from here:

''Renegade X"

NFS icon

i have made use of one glitch to make this a little bit easier, so please be careful if you save a lot. you can use this glitch by making one person move to a place where another person already stands (alt+left mouse click), and if he is very close to it, quickly press to a spot next to him where someone else stands, to make him think he already is at that spot, but is not.

this glitch takes a lot of skill to use succesfully, and sometimes just doesn't work.

there is one other ''bug'' you must keep in mind if you try to make one yourself. in a map, you only can have a max of 250 infantry, and if you then try to buy some, the Barracks/Hand of Nod gets completely stuck and you won't be able to buy any infantry anymore in the mission. though, you still can get some by killing a few, and sell some buildings. but you will never be able to cross 250.

i really hope you guys won't think i'm overdoing this and take this seriously, i am doing this because it's fun and hope you guys will enjoy it.

good luck!

sorry guys, i forgot to post the link to the latest patch... i downloaded the game from the c&c classic website, which is down now...

alright, if you want to play the game, download this patch after you've installed it:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

as i have been further investigeting if my downloads are 'okay', i found out that i had revision 1 of the patch installed, but there seems to be that there is a newer revision, so you CAN load the patch from ALL resolutions you wish!

good news guys! i've finished my repair icon, and also made some extra's with it! you can download the repair icon from here:

repair icon 1

repair icon 2

more good news, i am currently recording my save files for the video! :D but i will also add some more then that, like a cutscene to the video.

P.S. i would like to hear your comments to this, as i haven't heard anything about you guys...

hmm... cya!