EA Survey tells uss more about the next C&C

cirex

http://www.commandandconquer.com/blogs/blog/147

Maybe is it just me, but an company like EA Games does not spend time on making stuff that only costs money. (like making a survey that does not help to improve there secretly C&C title where they are working on behind closed doors.)

And take in mind that the command and conquer, Iibirium universe has totally different soundtracks as the red alert universe.

As researcher you should at least make sure you do not left some soundtracks out of the survey, the only reason you should let the red alert universe out of the survey, is when you are totally sure that the next game has to use soundtracks with Tibirium influence. imagen the time that it takes to make a survey, first they made one, than they need to check it, than they need to edit it and remove the failts, and than it has to moved to some one that can place it on the site, and you have to analyses the data (removing the untrusted replies), making 2 polls will need you to do this all for 2 times.

Lets step outside the blocks, lets imagen it will not be tibirium or red alert or generals, why should you choose in that case for tibirium soundtracks, otherwise you should atleast do a check to see wich universe made the best soundtracks (this cannot be decided by an employer, because they are not the public. except when you are just guesing with thousands dollars, in which case a good research will be worth it in case you are wrong. especially when they where that heavily wrong with the last game.) the only reason that you choose for a tibirium only survey, is because the next game has tibirium influence, and off course "hell march" should not fit in it.

The next game is about tibirium! I can feel it on my water right now ;) . And yea my english sucks, like usually.

EA Cire made that survey. He is just the community manager... he doesn't work on the game. In fact I don't even think he is privy to private info like game development. The survey is specifically asking for favorite songs from the Tiberium universe. He will probably make a survey about the Red Alert universe a little later on.

I don't think this is information that should lead you to believe anything about the up coming game.

However, if you want my personal opinion, I don't think that the next game is going to be a Tiberium game since the last one was. I also doubt it will be in the Red Alert universe since RA3 is still pretty fresh... but I still give it a little chance that it might be in the RA universe. The next game, in all probability, will be either Generals 2 or a new universe. I'm hoping for a new universe.

so than the question, why would EA Cire wants to know it?

and EA Cire is not in the dev. team, but what does it garantee? may the policy of communication is just saying that any message to the community should be placed by EA Cire.

there are nothing that says that i am wrong (but also there is less to say that i am right.)

We can only know it for sure, when we will not see surveys about other titles.

time will learn uss what they are planning.

also why is my gaming nickname by accident close of EA Cire? I am not the only one writing my name backwards? (and the x is just like renegade-x, it looks nice ;) ) and my last name is arts (electronic arts) so even the EA tag could fit me if i want.

Well it's his job as community manager to interact with the community and gain feedback. I guess you could say he is doing it because it's a good way to get some good opinions and feedback from the community.. as well as start a positive discussion on the game's history.

He actually already said that he is going to make a Red Alert series soundtrack poll on their forums. (Link: http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/showthread.php?4312-C-amp-C-Soundtrack-Survey&p=68824&viewfull=1#post68824 )

He also has admitted to missing a few songs on this survey.

However, if you want my personal opinion, I don't think that the next game is going to be a Tiberium game since the last one was. I also doubt it will be in the Red Alert universe since RA3 is still pretty fresh... but I still give it a little chance that it might be in the RA universe. The next game, in all probability, will be either Generals 2 or a new universe. I'm hoping for a new universe.

Seeing as how strange EA works, with the last C&C missing most important parts (what the hell happened to the scrin? etc), I could imagine that in the next 2 years we could have 3 more C&C titles in our hands, simply because someone at EA said 'we can get money that way'

I hope it will bring something that connects tibirium, and red alert, something like": time traveling had made more and more strange things, because they lose the reality more and more, in hope to return back the reality they traveled back in time for the last time ever, and sealing the timeports forever, but as change-reaction it creates tibirium.

Yea, or what ever it is, just something that connects red alert to tibirium.

I actually never even bothered with C&C4's campaign. In fact, I've been feverishly avoiding any videos regarding C&C4 and its story. I have absolutely no idea what happens or how anything concludes... and that's how I want to keep it.

Not going to lie, but I did actually have some high hopes for C&C4. Then I played the beta and never looked back.

Than I will tell you, its more like, there comes up an strange happy end for everyone end. But than with the worst acting and story you ever have seen, I never bought or played cnc4 (WHO DID? I quited already on the part "no bases".) but I saw some shit circulating on the web about it...

Than I will tell you, its more like, there comes up an strange happy end for everyone end. But than with the worst acting and story you ever have seen, I never bought or played cnc4 (WHO DID? I quited already on the part "no bases".) but I saw some shit circulating on the web about it...

Hold on, 'no bases' could have been one of the greatest innovations in the RTS genre. C&C was renowned for their innovation and the smooth and intuitive GUI they used. Adding a new concept would have been something they should have done in C&C Tiberium wars. They didn't, and failed there. In fact, tiberium wars got negative replies, because they took a step back from their fiction and used more conventional units (Titan replaced by ordinary tank)

The storyline was so off from what everyone expected, and missed some important parts such as the scrin, that no-one liked it. The scrin should have been there, a race that invented a way to refine an entire tiberium covered planet should have been a prime target for them, after all, the scrin mined the rescources themselves. What's more, they couldn't know that the planet was totally refined.

The storyline was also having strange hiccups. The tacitus from Tiberian sun is used to activate the scrin towers and suck all tiberium away. The tacitus, however, is from a different alien faction, that WARNS of the scrin, so they are enemies. Why would they have information on how to improve the scrin towers, and help them harvest an entire planet in one go?

Also, Kane survives an ion cannon blast in the very first C&C, this is considered canon. In the last C&C he get's shot and regenerates on the shot. But only the scrin superunit can survive an ion cannon blast, so the question remains, what IS Kane, how did he end up on earth?

I think C&C 4 was simply pushed through the pipeline, going more the way of FPS's these days: adding some 'great graphical features' such as damage only at the side where the unit gets hit instead of game mechenical features. The C&C hype was on, they had a team together to work on it, and a good engine to run it, so they tried to take as much money as they could with a more multiplayer oriénted RTS game.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

Hold on, 'no bases' could have been one of the greatest innovations in the RTS genre. C&C was renowned for their innovation and the smooth and intuitive GUI they used. Adding a new concept would have been something they should have done in C&C Tiberium wars. They didn't, and failed there. In fact, tiberium wars got negative replies, because they took a step back from their fiction and used more conventional units (Titan replaced by ordinary tank)

The storyline was so off from what everyone expected, and missed some important parts such as the scrin, that no-one liked it. The scrin should have been there, a race that invented a way to refine an entire tiberium covered planet should have been a prime target for them, after all, the scrin mined the rescources themselves. What's more, they couldn't know that the planet was totally refined.

The storyline was also having strange hiccups. The tacitus from Tiberian sun is used to activate the scrin towers and suck all tiberium away. The tacitus, however, is from a different alien faction, that WARNS of the scrin, so they are enemies. Why would they have information on how to improve the scrin towers, and help them harvest an entire planet in one go?

Also, Kane survives an ion cannon blast in the very first C&C, this is considered canon. In the last C&C he get's shot and regenerates on the shot. But only the scrin superunit can survive an ion cannon blast, so the question remains, what IS Kane, how did he end up on earth?

I think C&C 4 was simply pushed through the pipeline, going more the way of FPS's these days: adding some 'great graphical features' such as damage only at the side where the unit gets hit instead of game mechenical features. The C&C hype was on, they had a team together to work on it, and a good engine to run it, so they tried to take as much money as they could with a more multiplayer oriénted RTS game.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

This kind of RTS was just all about base building, EA gamed did something stupid, you cant push base build RTS fans to play with some big bug, where tanks roll out of his ass. They better could try it in an other storyline, but CNC needs bases, or the game is ruined from the day they decide. CNC people are not playing that other RTS without bases for a reason, and if they did, they still will not play cnc with no bases, just because EAgames is nub on this kind of games yet.

As far cnc3, it wasn't that bad, the storyline was maybe not that perfect, but at least the game himself was not that bad. The only problem was that NOD gives me more the feeling that I was playing with an circus crew, the tents and buildings did look so not-combat-realistic to me... And scrinn, For my idea the scrin was just one kind of smart allien, not 100 differend animals working together. And I did miss the walls, you could say, they would not have that mush of effect on the field, but I also did like the basebuilding part, and wall gives you just a better feeling of base building. But cnc3 was not bad if you just look to it on the gameplay way. But Cnc4...you could even better go playing runescape...

However it could be possible that base building is gone for ever, and that we have to stick with an tech-tree that we have to unlock by playing 24/7 for 3 years long. I am not a die hard gamer, I just want to log in, play a game without limits, have fun, win or lose, and log of... If I want an addiction, I would choose alcohol or sex above no-life gaming anyway ;) .

This kind of RTS was just all about base building, EA gamed did something stupid, you cant push base build RTS fans to play with some big bug, where tanks roll out of his ass. They better could try it in an other storyline, but CNC needs bases, or the game is ruined from the day they decide. CNC people are not playing that other RTS without bases for a reason, and if they did, they still will not play cnc with no bases, just because EAgames is nub on this kind of games yet.

True that, I first thought they would have made a great innovation, in making the MCV more mobile but keeping bases. Removing bases entirely was indeed the killer.

As far cnc3, it wasn't that bad, the storyline was maybe not that perfect, but at least the game himself was not that bad. The only problem was that NOD gives me more the feeling that I was playing with an circus crew, the tents and buildings did look so not-combat-realistic to me... And scrinn, For my idea the scrin was just one kind of smart allien, not 100 differend animals working together. And I did miss the walls, you could say, they would not have that mush of effect on the field, but I also did like the basebuilding part, and wall gives you just a better feeling of base building. But cnc3 was not bad if you just look to it on the gameplay way. But Cnc4...you could even better go playing runescape...

CNC3 wasn't that bad indeed. It added squad based infantry to the mix, as well as directional armour and the ability to force your tanks to drive backwards, but also removed things that were rather important to Tiberian Sun. The ever-expanding tiberium fields, the tiberium vines and most important the walls. With the right application, walls can indeed be very handy in keeping stealth units out of your base, or creating time barriers to hold back your enemy for a few shots. Also, the lower units such as the predator tank were completely useless once the higher level units were available.

I am not a die hard gamer, I just want to log in, play a game without limits, have fun, win or lose, and log of... If I want an addiction, I would choose alcohol or sex above no-life gaming anyway ;) .

can't agree more :P