Confused.

jenskai1

At the Q&A thread it is said that it will be a mod and not be a standalone game.

But from developer responds you say that it will be a free standalone game, it's obviously this but it would be wise to update the Q&A thread if this is the matter.

Also, how are you possibly going to fund this game if it is free? i mean, renegade is renegade, you can't just make it a korean Pay 2 Win game, cosmetic items that are hard to get and are purchaseable is fine by me, but i don't think Hats belong into this game.

Perhaps a donation function, but that's all upto you.

Second question: What time are you hoping to release the game around? it's done when it's done but i and others would like to know about the progression about things.

Anyway when i came across

i shed manly tears of happiness that could fill bottles, the best time of my life was around when i heavily played C&C renegade, i'm so incredible happy and thankfull. God bless you and your team.

I'm certain this feeling counts to many other fans of renegade, thanks again man.

it will be 100% free to look to the youtube video's...

That what they are saying is that it is currently a mod that requires a game that you have to pay (UT3), but the future UDK release will be stand alone, but while it is stand alone, it is still a bit looks and feels like an updated a mod of renegade. In other words renegade-x will always be renegade, but better!

So yes, it is a mod, and it will be stand alone in the future, but it will feel like a mod of renegade that updates renegade.

As for the funding question: the team got permission of EA to use the copyrighted tiberium universe, but on the condition that they cannot earn any money out of it (would look especially bad if a mod outdid one of their own games). So in fact, the mod could be stopped tomorrow by EA. It's doubtful and I don't know what deals they actually made, but this is what I gleaned from it.

The only thing we can pay the creators is our respect by playing it, and making damn well sure that the gaming industry notices their talent and hires them.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.