New C&C...

PermaGrin

I'll only say one word: No.

Not a chance ever they can do that! However, I highly doubt it will sell though really. *Points at "C&C" 4*

I think, that the best way to do it, is more or less completley ignore EAs games, do what we want with C&C. They'll eventualy get it, we dont them to make more C&C games.

They are talking about re-igniting the community. Thats either stupid, or a lie. All they seem to want to do is make the game a complete different game, and get a new community to replace the real one.

As someone commented:

"They should just drop the C&C name and use something else, this just feels like necrophilia at this point :( "

If they are going to make a new one... I will not buy it...

For me, Kanes Wrath was the last good game of C&C

I wanna remind you about the thing that happened after they throw C&C 4 into the market...

They kicked the people who made that/those game/s (How stupid is that?!)

Anyway... If someone will say in the near future that I will buy it: Negativ buddy, i didnt bought RA3, C&C 4 and so I wont buy the next C&C... Only, if it IS better than... hm... Starcraft 2? :D

• Totem Arts Staff

There's nothing that'll compare to Starcraft 2 in the coming years. No studio / publisher is willing to commit so much time, money and passion to a C&C game.

How can you even get a competent / passionate team together if the community's as fragmented as is... (meaning that there are people who actually like the past few C&C games)

Also, it's not as if the games themselves stuck to their own canon, they were also very inconsistent allround.

It's very unfortunate, for me personally I wished they would continue past the Tiberian Sun Firestorm story and do something decent with it (and to be honest not what Westwood had intended, that felt sort of cluster****-ish)

Alas it is not to be.

That's the gap we as modders fill I suppose.

There's nothing that'll compare to Starcraft 2 in the coming years. No studio / publisher is willing to commit so much time, money and passion to a C&C game.

Well, it was a joke with Starcraft 2. I just wanted to say that they need to make it better. Nothing more ;)

• Totem Arts Staff

True, but there were games of increasingly good quality coming out in the same genre even before SC2,

Company of Heroes / Dawn of War for example were already considerably more polished and consistent than the latest C&C games.

Saddening to think that they also dare not do something really interesting with the story.

It'd be nice if it had the quirky characters and good mix of humour / action that for example Half life or Valve's games in general had. Hard to pull off maybe for an RTS, but I've never seen a decent try.

Somehow the "majority" of the people demand dumb, rehashed hollywood stories.

Kane's Wrath sucked. I thought RA3 was good though. Other than Renegade, it's the only C&C game I have installed on my computer. In fact, I think RA3 was the only good C&C game that EA ever made. The story sucked, but I love how it plays. If Tiberium was released, I might have reconsidered that though.

Anyway, the guys (*coughcoughsambasscoughcough*) who failed up C&C4 aren't working at EALA anymore. But even more over, this game is being made by Viceral (the guys who made Dead Space.)

To be honest, I don't think it's possible to fail harder than C&C 4, so I'm willing to give this one a shot.

I don't understand. Why can't they just make a normal C&C game? Something that is basically a complete rehash of past games. I just want to see if they can do it. If they can and make it fun to play, then they can use that experience to branch it out in new directions.

Jumping in, making a game and slapping a C&C logo on it does not make a C&C game...

If they are going to continue the story after C&C 4... Well after Nod disapperead in that Scrin tower (how do i know it? Youtube ftw^^),

they could at least try to make a good story.. Dunno how... Maybe the Scrin starts the invasion now, GDI cant deffend earth and they have to go the same way as Nod did before?

But i think... this would be to much.... like Star Gate (Or how that was called, no i dont mean Star Wars)

Call it stupid if this is stupid

• Totem Arts Staff

I've read bits and pieces.. you can still find it on the Petroglyph forums I believe.

Cabal was going to have his own faction, the Scrin would come to Earth as well and the Forgotten were the key to beating them since they could negate some of their powers using their knowledge of Tiberium.

As for Kane, Joe Kucan recently admitted that they made it up (the story) as the series progressed so I doubt we'll ever know the truth about him and the C&C universe.

Ah I see. Well then, there is only one thing to say about it: The story is coverd in clouds after TibSun/Firestorm.

We all here should know the storyline goes as Red Alert - TibDawn - TibSun - Firestorm.

Im fully ready to accept Red Alert 2/YR, just as an alternatve universe without any connection to the Tiberium universe. And dont get me wrong, C&C 3 have a great engine (Except from the way it handles tiberium..), and it gives great gameplay. But the story and design was "quite" off, I mean really.

And thanks for the reply!

I've read bits and pieces.. you can still find it on the Petroglyph forums I believe.

Cabal was going to have his own faction, the Scrin would come to Earth as well and the Forgotten were the key to beating them since they could negate some of their powers using their knowledge of Tiberium.

As for Kane, Joe Kucan recently admitted that they made it up (the story) as the series progressed so I doubt we'll ever know the truth about him and the C&C universe.

4 Factions? hm....

Would have been awesome if they did it...

Anyway... I wonder what will come after C&C4, now, that Nod is gone...

And thanks for the information... Never knowed that