Wikipedia article

jazzman

Hey everybody! Just created this account. New-in from pixely old renegade :)

I stumbled upon RenX while checking out old renegade on google.

At first i wasnt sure if it was what i thought. I tried to check it on wikipedia. Nothing came up so I assumed there wasnt much to it. But the news is spreading fast.

It took me a lot of clicks and searches to come to certainty (Have in mind i searched for Renegade, not Renegade X).

I know RenX is listed on various UT and modding sites, and thats great. The thing is that a minority of people (mostly UT gamers and people in the mod community) frequent those sites. Wikipedia is much more accessible a platform. If it isnt on Wikipedia, it doesent exist" :P.

I also know that Renx in many way still is a project in development and yet to be released as a standalone. I still think you would benifit greatly having a comprehensive wikipedia article about the whole thing.

The organisation of it is of course a matter of discussion. For instance: "should Renx as a mod and the upcoming standalone have separate articles?", and of course a lot more.

These things of course come up and develop by themselves when the word has spread, but it wouldnt be bad controlling what appears first.

I wouldnt mind doing it. I have a big exam in 15 days, after that I am glad to help if Im wanted.

Let me know if Im being a douche posting a new topic as soon as i registered :P

There seriously isn't a Wiki?

That's amazing, I never noticed. Someone should make one. Being that Wikipedia is a free public website that anyone can use and edit pages, I don't think it matters who makes the page. If one of the devs sees something that isn't correct, they only need to correct it themselves.