Hottie/Tech idea

Hohndo

Okay, I've had this idea before, and I'm actually kinda of stealing this idea from a mod I helped create called Team Elite for a game called Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. The mod itself was based off another game, Team Fortress, which I have never ha the chance to play but I would like to, but all this is beside the point..

The technician we created didn't do anything too special, he had the ability to put up forcefields as the original technician did for one of the game modes but the one I would like to see at least considered is the ability for Hotwire's and Technician's to drop ammo packs, seeing as they are already a support class, I think it only adds to they're usefulness. I also understand how this will affect gameplay so maybe it could just be added as a server side option. What I don't want to see is unlimited ammo packs they can carry..maybe like 2 or 3, nothing drastic. Just another idea I wanted to throw out there.

I don't think it would work to well.

This game is more about getting out and moving around the field. Not really about holding positions with infantry as long as you can.

90% of the time that you run out of ammo is when you are using it in a non-life-threatening situation. (Like sniping across the field) In those cases you have to go back to base to refill just so you can create openings and not be able to camp the spot the entire game.

Hotwires and technicians are already the most cost efficient as well as most valuable infantry units in the game, they don't need any more special abilities.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Mar 12 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it would work to well.

This game is more about getting out and moving around the field. Not really about holding positions with infantry as long as you can.

90% of the time that you run out of ammo is when you are using it in a non-life-threatening situation. (Like sniping across the field) In those cases you have to go back to base to refill just so you can create openings and not be able to camp the spot the entire game.

Hotwires and technicians are already the most cost efficient as well as most valuable infantry units in the game, they don't need any more special abilities.[/b]

True. I, myself will probably never play with something like this enabled. It's just one thing I always thought was missing from Renegade, not that I thought it was crucial.

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Mar 12 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There really needs to be a notice in FAQ about posting suggestions that change gameplay significantly. Ammo/c4/health packs aren't part of Renegade.[/b]

I didn't really want to change the gameplay, but I thought it would be interesting as a server side option. I say add it since it probably wouldn't be too much work. I mean I would like to see the speed of all units be changeable (not sure about rate of fire increases though) because increasing the speed would add somewhat more challenge to the gameplay. Just a idea I got from other C&C games since you can change the speed of play there.