Thoughts so far.

mkt777

Well then. There's probably been 1000 of these already but... My opinion is just as good as the next mans.

When I first started, it felt weird when... Rather soft music started to play. Where's my explosions? Where's the badass I knew? But never mind, we get to see him a couple seconds in. But he didn't look "happy". Didn't he love the job? As he walks out of the room, we see GDI running about. NOW THERE'S MY ACTION! Whooo! I think it would of been better to show troops fussing about vehicles and getting ready. Not showcase Havoc really early. Just like Indiana Jones movies! First you see his shadow, his hat- AND THEN HIM! That builds up to the suspense! Perhaps we get a glimpse of Havoc's legs from under a Humvee. That would of been nice. But naah, the start cinematic was alright. I especially liked to hear "incendiary rounds". Ohhh the nostalgia from the training missions ♥

We get a brief introduction to the controls on a hover craft. Nothing wrong with that, unless you like games use OTHER methods to teach you how to play and not assume we're all... New to Fps games. (Eg, Megaman, Super Mario, or Half life's series through their teaching tools)

A loading screen while we hit the beach? No no no. I didn't like that at all. The original Renegade was much more free and open. That's what I loved about it. The loading screens in this game are a bit of a buzz kill at times.

Ai felt... Bland. So many times I thought I was running along side Gunner. But no, it was actually a Nod Soldier who was trying to run away from something but was totally ignoring me in the process. They felt stupid. Which wasn't so bad because this made me feel at home. (I was playing on Commando)

Again with loading screens. Maps were divided into objectives. Killing the original open feel... Again.

Adding some new features was a good promise. Rolling, running ect~ I like to see a few new things. They balanced the old, and the new quite nicely.

The animation and graphics department did an amazing job. (Little spoiler) ...... That was the most amazing depiction of the Ion-cannon I have ever seen.

Overall, it was a VERY, VERY, VERY nice presentation! My only real... "gripe" Is that it was very short, and didn't feel quite as open. The final moments in the Apc were keyboard gripping INSANE! I felt like there REALLY WASN'T any time! And that was good. For a long time I always only played games to learn how they work... Trying to figure out the Engine, BLAH BLAH- But THIS. THIS. WAS GOOD. I WAS HAVOC FOR AN HOUR.

AND THAT WAS GOOD.

AND IT MADE ME HAPPY.

fffFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Rosemary, signing off.

Well then. There's probably been 1000 of these already but... My opinion is just as good as the next mans.

When I first started, it felt weird when... Rather soft music started to play. Where's my explosions? Where's the badass I knew? But never mind, we get to see him a couple seconds in. But he didn't look "happy". Didn't he love the job? As he walks out of the room, we see GDI running about. NOW THERE'S MY ACTION! Whooo! I think it would of been better to show troops fussing about vehicles and getting ready. Not showcase Havoc really early. Just like Indiana Jones movies! First you see his shadow, his hat- AND THEN HIM! That builds up to the suspense! Perhaps we get a glimpse of Havoc's legs from under a Humvee. That would of been nice. But naah, the start cinematic was alright. I especially liked to hear "incendiary rounds". Ohhh the nostalgia from the training missions ♥

We get a brief introduction to the controls on a hover craft. Nothing wrong with that, unless you like games use OTHER methods to teach you how to play and not assume we're all... New to Fps games. (Eg, Megaman, Super Mario, or Half life's series through their teaching tools)

A loading screen while we hit the beach? No no no. I didn't like that at all. The original Renegade was much more free and open. That's what I loved about it. The loading screens in this game are a bit of a buzz kill at times.

Ai felt... Bland. So many times I thought I was running along side Gunner. But no, it was actually a Nod Soldier who was trying to run away from something but was totally ignoring me in the process. They felt stupid. Which wasn't so bad because this made me feel at home. (I was playing on Commando)

Again with loading screens. Maps were divided into objectives. Killing the original open feel... Again.

Adding some new features was a good promise. Rolling, running ect~ I like to see a few new things. They balanced the old, and the new quite nicely.

The animation and graphics department did an amazing job. (Little spoiler) ...... That was the most amazing depiction of the Ion-cannon I have ever seen.

Overall, it was a VERY, VERY, VERY nice presentation! My only real... "gripe" Is that it was very short, and didn't feel quite as open. The final moments in the Apc were keyboard gripping INSANE! I felt like there REALLY WASN'T any time! And that was good. For a long time I always only played games to learn how they work... Trying to figure out the Engine, BLAH BLAH- But THIS. THIS. WAS GOOD. I WAS HAVOC FOR AN HOUR.

AND THAT WAS GOOD.

AND IT MADE ME HAPPY.

fffFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Rosemary, signing off.

glad you liked it. ^_^

and if there are hundreds of these topics around talking about the same thing, what matters? this is YOUR opionion, not the others!

and besides, the dev team could get some nice feedback of it... like i once gave some feedback to the tetrisfriends.com website (the original one!), and they totally loved it. nearly everything i talked about, they used it! i was so happy! :D

so, what i'll say next may be a bit off-topic, but with the right determination, you can do anything you want. :)

xD_ERROR_xD out.

EDIT lol typos! i'm not used to laptops.

glad you liked it. ^_^

and if there are hundreds of these topics around talking about the same thing, what matters? this is YOUR opionion, not the others!

and besides, the dev team could get some nice feedback of it... like i once gave some feedback to the tetrisfriends.com website (the original one!), and they totally loved it. nearly everything i talked about, they used it! i was so happy! :D

so, what i'll say next may be a bit off-topic, but with the right determination, you can do anything you want. :)

xD_ERROR_xD out.

EDIT lol typos! i'm not used to laptops.