Lets WRESTLE!

leadpumper12

To wrestle, simply hit the ragdoll key, (G default) and be moving at your opponent. Me and Fraggoth figured this out about 30 minutes ago, and so far, he's killed me once.

When wrestling, hit (G) to ragdoll, which would be an attack. Once ragdolled, you can hit nearly any key to get back up. If you stand up while on top of your opponent, they'll take some damage.

Fraggoth killed me not by the method above, but because of some weird bug. He stood up, and my head got pinned to the ground, where I took a boat-load of damage every second, and died. On the chat box, he got credit for killing me. Well done.

We should have a wrestling ring map.

I don't know if I would want to do a wrestling match on the current maps, they kind of eat up my FPS and with the colliding ragdolls that wouldn't be a lot of fun, but if someone quickly made a fun wrestling ring map I would totally visit it at least once a day :P

Well we're taking it out in the next patch so get all the wrestling in now while you can. :P

(We might put it back in again in the future when we have time to work out all the bugs and exploits associated with Feign Death, but right now it is simply a better solution to remove it because we have more important problems to fix.)

I was thinking. Would it be possible to give map makers the ability to disable/enable feign deaths in their maps? (Not a server side option.)

I say this because rag dolling is fun when you just want to goof around. And people like to make roleplay maps (like Carnage Club). I figure it might be fun to allow a mapper to allow feign death on maps were the gameplay isn't as important.

That would mean that it would be set off by default and for any map where it is expected to be taken seriously, it would be disabled.

Ahh, leadpumper! Good to see you, komrade! One of these days we shall show these puny americans the strength and majesty of a TRUE wrestling match! It... shall... be... GLORIOUS!!!

In other news, a cute ragdolling/feign death trick, at least on Field, is by going to the top of the waterfall and ragdolling, ideally sliding your body into the water and catching it on a rock. This will provide you with an UNPARALLELED Bird's Eye View of the map. Tactical reconnaissance, anyone? You will always die eventually, so it's best if you use a freebie unit.

leadpumper, we shall meet again, if not on this plane, then SURELY in the Great Halls of Valhalla!!! Needless to say, it'll be frickin' kickass! As is the Wrestling Map idea.

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to wrestle with sydney, she could give laura croft a run for her money with her sexy behind, hotwire is ok and sakura is also pretty hot, i would love to see the tiberium enhanced elena petrova as a selectable character, she could be fun to wrestle with as well.