Gettng Servers IP Adress

riedochs

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Oct 1 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually we're planning to do exactly what you have done there with the frontend and add IP addresses (among other things).[/b]

My problem is that the Renegade-X server finder just returns an error saying it cant retrieve the list, try later. Ima try through the console though.

I have the steam version.

When I try to join a server from the frontend, one of two things happen:

1. I select a server and click Join. The steam window pops up and says something like "Starting Unreal Tournament 3." After that goes away, I wait. I wait. I wait some more. After 5 min passes by I go to check my task manager. It says UT3.exe is running, but I can't access it. It continues to stay like that and nothing ends up happening.

2. I select a server and UT3 launches correctly. I get to the menu and it freezes. The two soldiers in the background are moved to a different perspective and the menu starts going at like 5 FPS and I can't do anything but watch my mouse skip across the screen. It stays like that and doesn't connect to a server.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Oct 1 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2. I select a server and UT3 launches correctly. I get to the menu and it freezes. The two soldiers in the background are moved to a different perspective and the menu starts going at like 5 FPS and I can't do anything but watch my mouse skip across the screen. It stays like that and doesn't connect to a server.[/color][/b]

Same happens to me or it just takes forever to join the server.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Oct 2 2009, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the steam version.

2. I select a server and UT3 launches correctly. I get to the menu and it freezes. The two soldiers in the background are moved to a different perspective and the menu starts going at like 5 FPS and I can't do anything but watch my mouse skip across the screen. It stays like that and doesn't connect to a server.[/b]

It is the same for me. I have the Steam Version too. It takes up to 10 Minutes to start. When i leave the game, it only works again when i restart the computer. Maybe this related to my crap Vista64.

I have a diffrent problem,

Using pc version transferred over to steam client.

when i select find a game, and enter the server list, it doesnt give me any for renegade but comes up with a list of ut3 games 0_o. (top right states game mode as renegade yet it doesn't work lol)

Link

QUOTE (NoxBlade @ Oct 2 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a diffrent problem,

Using pc version transferred over to steam client.

when i select find a game, and enter the server list, it doesnt give me any for renegade but comes up with a list of ut3 games 0_o. (top right states game mode as renegade yet it doesn't work lol)

Link[/b]

in that screen, press F10 then type Open "Server IP" (without quotation marks)

QUOTE (th3flyboy @ Oct 3 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that isn't working for me
(steam version)

I put that in the console, and nothing happens...[/b]

Same thing happens for me.

Running Intel E8500, 2GB Ram, 5TB of HD, 9800GT, Win7, with Steam, I just downloaded UT3 last night if that makes a difference.

QUOTE (xadet @ Oct 1 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The IPs are at http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=3010.

Although, if you know any .NET language you could disassemble the "Renegade-X.exe" with Reflector and add something to tell you the IP. I've done it like the following, I could send it to you but only if a developer says it's OK.

2kjv52.jpg[/b]

I'm the dev. its okay, since I dont have the time to fix/add new stuff to it! So get it!

PS. @all who will use it, remember its 3rd party, dont blame us if something going wrong.