Parachutes.

thrash300

We have not discussed air units at all. They aren't in our first release and therefore aren't a priority. Therefore we have not discussed parachutes or other air-related things extensively. If I had to venture a guess, we're not making them, even as a server option. We'll see, but if we do, it certainly won't be a standard option and won't be in the official servers.

Have you ever tried fighting people in orca's/apaches? Most people are dumb as hell, but there are enough who know how to fly those things. They can stay alive and kill one sniper, return to repair, repeat all game long. Faster then they get money for new snipers. Thus dominating the game as snipers are the best AA around.

Now they are making the ramjet fire a little slower, making it harder to kill one. Now you want to add a feature which enables those pilots to SURVIVE after all that trouble to shoot them down? A bit unfair.

As for having parachutes specifically in transport heli's, No, no, NO. I can easily reach an enemy base in any flying map with a coffin, but it's putting them down somewhere they don't get crushed or outnumbered instantly that's the problem. Having an option to keep on flying on terminal heights but greater speeds would be too usefull, and completely change te game. Think of walls where you could drop off entire squadrons of SBH in the base, but WHERE they end up is a guess for GDI, I can pass the wall and the WF before getting shot down, where will they have touched down, on the wall or the WF? with 3 or more SBH it's already too much to keep check off. Coördinated nuke and you've got a building destroyed.

Without but also tech/hottie rushes, sniper drops, PIC/Rav drops to take out vehicles once the WF/Air is down would probably dominate the game.