A Family Opinion

Dehumanization

Yeah my little brother and i were talking about what betas that we were looking for, and i mentioned about how i was looking forward to this mod. I told him to watch the trailer and he got half way and said "it looks poopie" and shut the file off. He didn't like Renegade (i hate single player Renegade, Havoc is a Douche) but i've enjoyed the multiplayer so far. So, anyone want to yell at my little brother? I'll gladly forward any comments! :lol:

BTW my brother is 17 years old.

QUOTE (Dehumanization @ Aug 30 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah my little brother and i were talking about what betas that we were looking for, and i mentioned about how i was looking forward to this mod. I told him to watch the trailer and he got half way and said "it looks poopie" and shut the file off. He didn't like Renegade (i hate single player Renegade, Havoc is a Douche) but i've enjoyed the multiplayer so far. So, anyone want to yell at my little brother? I'll gladly forward any comments! :lol:[/b]

Tell your brother that he has to play it at least one time for 2 hours. If he doesn't like it then he's not a true FPS player, and tell him he needs some more Sakura Barbies... ;)

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Aug 30 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell your brother that he has to play it at least one time for 2 hours. If he doesn't like it then he's not a true FPS player, and tell him he needs some more Sakura Barbies... ;) [/b]

*hands over trophy of the most awesome response ever heard*

congratulations sir !

I think your brother should try the mod with others and like for 2 to 3 hours if that doesn't work , well... hand him to the veinhole monster! >=)

QUOTE (Dehumanization @ Aug 30 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of which, i miss the mutated creatures and the veinholes from C&C 2 that wasn't in C&C 3, its like the timeline feels like it went C&C 1, 3 2 and now 4. :( [/b]

You know what? I always wondered what happened to those vein hole pits that covered the ground. What was it again that caused that? I know the hole caused the viens but what caused the holes?

My best guess would be that they are visceroids that managed to reach a certain age ... or maybe the Scrin threw em there! :P (originally on TS , the meteorites carried veins , not tiberium)

I vote for Scrin throwing em there :lol: since they created tiberium and stuff...... *cough*

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 30 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My best guess would be that they are visceroids that managed to reach a certain age ... or maybe the Scrin threw em there! :P (originally on TS , the meteorites carried veins , not tiberium)

I vote for Scrin throwing em there :lol: since they created tiberium and stuff...... *cough*[/b]

Really? I had no idea that the meteorites had veins in them. I thought it was only tiberium.

In the Tiberian Sun BETA they had Veins , but it was just too much micro for the players to 'clean' their base so they switched them with tiberium , and the veins also grew QUITE faster on the beta...

Form the Rules.ini :

CODE
re;overflow:auto'>; veinhole monster parameters

; VeinholeMonsterStrength=1000 ; no longer used. To modify veinhole monster strength, edit the (VEINTREE) entry

VeinholeGrowthRate=300 ; was 3000

VeinholeShrinkRate=100 ; was 500

MaxVeinholeGrowth=2000

VeinDamage=5

VeinholeTypeClass=VEINTREE

Beta also had Red Tiberium (Cruentus [bloody])

from petroglyph forums :

CODE
re;overflow:auto'>(Tropid - PG) Man, you guys want to stretch my memory

Adam might remember better, but if I recall the names were for the entire life cycle of the Tiberium color, such that the blossom tree and green crystals would be classified as the same type of Tiberium since they are related. There was going to be red Tiberium and we were going to hint at it in Firestorm and Renegade, but we never got around to it. I believe the manual included with Firestorm has the correct names. I wrote it, but I don't remember without digging it out of a box in my storage closet

Also , no i didn't get the TS beta (Tho i would LOVE to get my hands on it) but word about this things got around due to fans asking questions to the Developers that worked at Westwood and finding clues on the files :)

from petroglyph forums :

CODE

Adam might remember better,

but if I recall the names were for the entire life cycle of the Tiberium color, such that the blossom tree and green crystals would be classified as the same type of Tiberium since they are related.

There was going to be red Tiberium and we were going to hint at it in Firestorm and Renegade, but we never got around to it.

I believe the manual included with Firestorm has the correct names.

I wrote it, but I don't remember without digging it out of a box in my storage closet

Also , no i didn't get the TS beta (Tho i would LOVE to get my hands on it) but word about this things got around due to fans asking questions to the Developers that worked at Westwood and finding clues on the files :)

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 30 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from petroglyph forums :
CODE

Adam might remember better, but if I recall the names were for the entire life cycle of the Tiberium color, such that the blossom tree and green crystals would be classified as the same type of Tiberium since they are related. There was going to be red Tiberium and we were going to hint at it in Firestorm and Renegade, but we never got around to it. I believe the manual included with Firestorm has the correct names. I wrote it, but I don't remember without digging it out of a box in my storage closet

Also , no i didn't get the TS beta (Tho i would LOVE to get my hands on it) but word about this things got around due to fans asking questions to the Developers that worked at Westwood and finding clues on the files :) [/b]

Well that's pretty neat. I know about petroglyph but I didn't know this.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 30 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beta also had Red Tiberium (Cruentus [bloody])[/b]

Yes, there was Red Tiberium, but it wasn't called Cruentus. Even though Cruentus translates to "bloody," Cruentus is actually the name for a large, highly combustible form of Blue Tiberium, which IS in the retail version of TS.