Suggestion: Primairy and Secondairy Fire on Proxy mines?

frostbyte

I was thinking about it, whatabout a sort of left click- right click option for the proximity mines (or other C4's :- timed - hairtrigger).

Like for instance left click just makes the mines fall on the floor eventhough it hits a wall or anything. And right click makes it stick against something at contact.

or left click/right click -> vehicle mines and infantry mines ? One being more effective to it's own kind and less effective to the other kind.

Anyway just an idea, not even sure if it's been suggested before.

Thanks!

yes whatever the result, it should definatly not be limited to the left click option.

Do the other weapons/vehicles have newly added diffrent options too ? and if so Which ones ?

Also NOTE: That in Renegade, the Flametank actualy has a Secondairy and Primairy Fire.

(one shoots 50% damage through each barrel, the other shoots 100% damage but only through the first barrel, notice that the animation stays the same eventhough you use Secondairy)

Hmm the only "new" feature I can think of for vehicles is the MLRS turret being able to rotate, but we'll make a toggle that lets you lock it in place so you can still shoot around corners or behind you with the arcing missiles.

But that's OT.

QUOTE (Frostbyte @ Feb 9 2009, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the Anti Air improves by locking, will the capabilities of the Aircraft also increase?
Like higher speed or better maneuvers to dodge?[/b]

we are not planning to include Air-Vehicles to the first beta, so there are no dramtical changes for now. Also if we think the more lockable system breaks the gameplay, we will change it.

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Feb 9 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we are not planning to include Air-Vehicles to the first beta, so there are no dramtical changes for now. Also if we think the more lockable system breaks the gameplay, we will change it.[/b]

Also you could if the lockables make it too good, make other weapons less efficient vs aircraft, like the ramjet and such

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Frostbyte @ Feb 8 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are the missles 100% guided when locked?
I know on Renegade it was only limited and hard to use, it should have better lock for Anti air capabilities.[/b]

Noo. Could you imagine how powerful an MRLS would be? Field for example, you'd never be able to get anywhere if there was a group of MRLS constantly spraying the map with 100% tracking.

QUOTE (ArcticPrism @ Mar 22 2009, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noo. Could you imagine how powerful an MRLS would be? Field for example, you'd never be able to get anywhere if there was a group of MRLS constantly spraying the map with 100% tracking.[/b]

stealth units + regular rocket infantry?

• 6 months later...

Wow the game looks great!

AWESOME !

Erm, I'm reading much wierd things about changing stuff (Ramjet's effectiveness agaisnt aircraft? Aircraft speed???)

The MRLS lock-on is ALREADY VERY EFFECTIVE against aircraft. I always get at LEAST 2/6 missiles locked-on aircraft when i shoot one, sometimes get it up to 4. That is much.

If you think MRLS is too strong with lock, just try using SBH remotes on it. They don't have a chance.

To me, Renegade is perfectly balanced. If something doesn't feel right for anyone of you, just keep in mind its a team-strategy game. The possibilities of getting through a seemingly overpowered feature (MRLS lock-on for example) are limitless.

I have played and analysed this game a lot, and even then, I still wouldn't be confident to change any important gameplay element too drasticaly, since I probably don't know more than 50% of the game balance, even after 5 yrs of play.

I encourage you guys to keep it as authentic as possible, gameplay speaking. It would be sad to have such a great looking-feeling remake of the greatest game, NOT have.. the stank lock-on, for example.

QUOTE (Masterofnones @ Sep 29 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow the game looks great!
AWESOME !

Erm, I'm reading much wierd things about changing stuff (Ramjet's effectiveness agaisnt aircraft? Aircraft speed???)

The MRLS lock-on is ALREADY VERY EFFECTIVE against aircraft. I always get at LEAST 2/6 missiles locked-on aircraft when i shoot one, sometimes get it up to 4. That is much.

If you think MRLS is too strong with lock, just try using SBH remotes on it. They don't have a chance.

To me, Renegade is perfectly balanced. If something doesn't feel right for anyone of you, just keep in mind its a team-strategy game. The possibilities of getting through a seemingly overpowered feature (MRLS lock-on for example) are limitless.

I have played and analysed this game a lot, and even then, I still wouldn't be confident to change any important gameplay element too drasticaly, since I probably don't know more than 50% of the game balance, even after 5 yrs of play.

I encourage you guys to keep it as authentic as possible, gameplay speaking. It would be sad to have such a great looking-feeling remake of the greatest game, NOT have.. the stank lock-on, for example.[/b]

What kind of noobs are you playing against if you can get 2/6 missles locked on always? Any good flyer would give you 1 salvo maximum, then they would hover in a place that forces you to turn or you can't shoot (above you). Besides that, I can dodge the missles with an artillery, in an apache, you won't hit a single one ever, I've only ever been hit by those missles if a straight line would be safer then trying to dodge them, in case of snipers.

As for increasing their manouverablility or speed, no no no, they are too damn powerfull as it is. Especially with the ramjet going to fire slower, only the PIC/railgun would stand a chance as they are going to be a lot harder hitting vs low armour targets like MRLS and air units (air units I'm not certain though, should look in the FAQ for that).
Besides, if the MRLS is going to be the cause of the increase in power for the orca/apache, what is Nod going to have? They don't have an apache. True, the artillery is much more powerfull then the MRLS (unless in a building-hard hitting contest, but that's the only exception), but it doesn't justify making the orca so much more powerfull then the apache should the MRLS become great anti-air.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.