Red Alert Uprising Announced!

JeepRubi

RA3UprisingAnnouncement.jpg

The third iteration of the Command & Conquer™ franchise’s beloved Red Alert™ series is returning with Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3: Uprising exclusively for the PC. An epic single-player campaign expansion, the standalone title catapults players deeper into the Red Alert universe, giving them more of the action-packed gameplay they have been clamoring for, while offering a gauntlet of new and compelling challenges with the new Commander’s Challenge mode. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising will be available for digital download this March.

â€

what C&C overall needs is another producer than EA, or the original WW team on it... the only titles i really liked from EA so far are Renegade (but that had a WW concept lol) and C&C Generals and ZH.

what RA3 needs? a trash can! :angry: just another potentially good title that EA wasted.

When i saw the screenshots, my first thought was "What does that spectre in Warcraft 3???"

I played every real C&C (developed from Westwood means real for me), i'm a fanatic since 1995, but the story died with Renegade as the last real C&C...

So sad what EA did to the best strategy series in the world :( , but they also trashed Battlefield...

Though i am willing to 100% agree with people and say that C&C died when EA took over, but the thing that we have to remember is that most of the westwood staff and assests merged into EALA, So i am not 100% sure to blame EA just for all the faults.... sure they are pushy and have a shitty QA and are very bad with there Crunch times, But i am really starting to ask "did the old staff just give up? now are the fans left with shit?" Sure you can say that Petroglyph is WW now, but that's not true only a few staff members went across.

Sure EA buys out a lot of smaller well named company's (yeah they even brought a bunch of Ubisoft shares as a direct attack) sure they killed BF, they also killed NFS and i can name many more. But the point i am getting at is, why aren't the studio staff saying No we cant do this, give us more time? or even pretending to care?

Is EA truly a soul sucking monster of a company?

QUOTE (a1h @ Jan 19 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though i am willing to 100% agree with people and say that C&C died when EA took over, but the thing that we have to remember is that most of the westwood staff and assests merged into EALA, So i am not 100% sure to blame EA just for all the faults.... sure they are pushy and have a shitty QA and are very bad with there Crunch times, But i am really starting to ask "did the old staff just give up? now are the fans left with shit?" Sure you can say that Petroglyph is WW now, but that's not true only a few staff members went across.

Sure EA buys out a lot of smaller well named company's (yeah they even brought a bunch of Ubisoft shares as a direct attack) sure they killed BF, they also killed NFS and i can name many more. But the point i am getting at is, why aren't the studio staff saying No we cant do this, give us more time? or even pretending to care?

Is EA truly a soul sucking monster of a company?[/b]

hmm ya EA is ... studio staff cant do this cause EA sign paycheck .... EA never sell a game without big bug or a game who need big patch as soon as it get out on market ... its a big company and for them, they dont care ifthe game isnt finish at 100% before sendint it, they got shippin date and they stick to it , they dont care to ship patch the day after .... well RA3 ...

i got it .. cause im a C&C fan and i got all game original .. not the first decade .. and ill get the RA3 Exp .. even if i dont play it .. for sure ill give it a try but ... i liked C&C3, but the waiting for RA3 was really disapointing ... the cartoonish graphic + the japaness group .. well too much power ranger for me ... the only things i really love in RA3 is the water and the way the ship stay under water after destoying

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Jan 20 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm ya EA is ... studio staff cant do this cause EA sign paycheck .... EA never sell a game without big bug or a game who need big patch as soon as it get out on market ... its a big company and for them, they dont care ifthe game isnt finish at 100% before sendint it, they got shippin date and they stick to it , they dont care to ship patch the day after .... well RA3 ...

i got it .. cause im a C&C fan and i got all game original .. not the first decade .. and ill get the RA3 Exp .. even if i dont play it .. for sure ill give it a try but ... i liked C&C3, but the waiting for RA3 was really disapointing ... the cartoonish graphic + the japaness group .. well too much power ranger for me ... the only things i really love in RA3 is the water and the way the ship stay under water after destoying[/b]

While that is very true and ea only is out to make money and not caring about ruining game titles, i must admit, i have not brought RA3 yet, it is still around the $100 AUD mark here, i am waiting for it to hit the $20 specials bin before i buy it or the expantion pack to add it to my collection, because $100 is too much to pay for a game, specially when it butchers your favorite series.

Generals was horrible, C&C3 was 5x better, RA3 was 2x better than that. (And that's saying something because I normally don't like the RA universe)

Out of all the games EA makes, C&C has to be the one where they are the most involved with the fans. EA is the only company, other than Westwood, that can handle this series correctly because they already have 3 games in the run and each has been better than the last. Giving it to another company means everything will probably be destroyed from the ground up. (C&C4 would have the ever original unit: The Space Marine!)

Anyway, since Westwood isn't around anymore, I'm glad it's EA who has the series and not anyone else.

As for the expansion, it looks pretty nice. One thing I don't like though is that Giga fortress thing that Japan has... it looks both really stupid and uninventive. (OOO a giant floating head that shoots lasers! :o )

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Jan 20 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm ya EA is ... studio staff cant do this cause EA sign paycheck .... EA never sell a game without big bug or a game who need big patch as soon as it get out on market ... its a big company and for them, they dont care ifthe game isnt finish at 100% before sendint it, they got shippin date and they stick to it , they dont care to ship patch the day after .... well RA3 ...[/b]

This isn't entirely true. Or did you forget about what happened to Tiberium? It got delayed, then later canceled. As for the patches you are talking about, they are patches that require the actual people playing for them to input. Like the automatch system and the balance changes. Those patches require the input of the community in order to be made, or else more people would end up being displeased with the game.

Seriously, think about it. Would you want them to release a balance patch based off of what they alone think? Or do you want them to take your input and incorporate the feedback into the patch? Obviously, you would want them to hear your feedback. And as such, they can't just incorporate what you feel without you actually telling them what you feel. Make sense?

I ain't getting this because i didn't even like RA3, hell i got a refund for it.

Because...

The Empire of the Rising Sun do not fit in, like...Anime and a school girl in a spunky outfit lifting tanks with her mind is crap.

Transformers are crap. (seriously, don't fit in with C&C)

Cartoonish Graphics are crap. (do i really need a explanation?)

Storyline is crap. (they could have done way better)

King Oni and his little bum buddy...uhh has 3 bodys and 3 swords, well they both FAIL!

Energy based swords are crap (If i want that ill go play Halo)

Cinematic's are crap (I reckon if Joseph (Kane lol) done it would have been better, like he did with previous C&C games.)

The Ore procedure is stupid, i preferred Ore/Gem fields

Overall i give RA3 a 0/10, and i ain't joking and its my own personal opinion

QUOTE (NodGuy @ Jan 23 2009, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ain't getting this because i didn't even like RA3, hell i got a refund for it.

Because...

The Empire of the Rising Sun do not fit in, like...Anime and a school girl in a spunky outfit lifting tanks with her mind is crap.
The Empire fits in just fine. Better than Yuri, I'd say.

Transformers are crap. (seriously, don't fit in with C&C)
They rule.

Cartoonish Graphics are crap. (do i really need a explanation?)
Graphics are fantastic. I love the sharp detail and vibrant colors. I'm sick of the gritty, post-apocalyptic art style plaguing games these days.

Storyline is crap. (they could have done way better)
Storyline is typical.

King Oni and his little bum buddy...uhh has 3 bodys and 3 swords, well they both FAIL!
The king Oni is cool.

Energy based swords are crap (If i want that ill go play Halo)
THEN GO PLAY HALO! Is that really a difficult concept to grasp? I hate Halo, but if a Halo topic was started up on these boards, I wouldn't jump in it and talk about how much I think it's crap.

Cinematic's are crap (I reckon if Joseph (Kane lol) done it would have been better, like he did with previous C&C games.)
While I'm not fond of the absurdly sexy women, and I hate Jenny McCarthy, the cinematic are of the best quality yet.

The Ore procedure is stupid, i preferred Ore/Gem fields
I would have preferred the older method, but I can't deny the convenience of the current system.

Overall i give RA3 a 0/10, and i ain't joking and its my own personal opinion
Overall, I give it a 10/10, and I do so with proper grammar and spelling.[/b]

You're opinion is crap. Just my opinion.

Why do people do this? You know what I say about games I think are crap? Nothing. There are plenty of popular, highly rated games that I think are utter crap such as God of War and Prince of Persia, but I don't feel the need to go to God of War - related topics and say "This game is crap, the premise is crap, the later-game-play is crap, the gratuitous female nudity is crap" etc.... Seriously, some people will like some games, and dislike others. By jumping in the line of a group of fans of something and saying "this sucks" all you're doing is annoying people. They don't care if you think it sucks; the typical response is, "if you don't like it, go away!" And it's not bad advice at that. Your dissenting opinion isn't of political or social concern, and it doesn't involve other people's fate, so there's no need rock the boat. As illustrated above, people have different opinions. Consider taking a course in empathy.

QUOTE (GummiBear @ Jan 24 2009, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well it is thanks to EA that Westwood is no more, if EA never bought up WW I am pretty sure WW would still exist today[/b]

Well it's not like westwood was forced to be bought by EA. IF I remember right, westwood was having financial difficulties at the time. It's completely possibe that if EA had never bought out westwood that c&c would have ended at tiberian sun.

QUOTE (JeepRubi @ Jan 24 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's not like westwood was forced to be bought by EA. IF I remember right, westwood was having financial difficulties at the time. It's completely possibe that if EA had never bought out westwood that c&c would have ended at tiberian sun.[/b]

but how is petroglyph woking? I think they got money left ;-)