Renegade X New Years Update!

Havoc89

• Former Developers

new_years.png

Renegade X: Fulfilling the Dream

Hey guys. It's been a little over a month since you've last seen an update from us, so let's share some progress, shall we?

EPIC TRAILER

This is today's main item. We've recently been hard at work getting things done, play testing alpha versions of Renegade X and recording footage. We've prepared an amazing trailer for you all, which features all of our latest content ingame. Watch vehicle and infantry battles on various maps, NOW!:

Renegade-X.com HD Download (Recommended)(193.6MB): http://www.renegade-x.com/staff/RenX_Trailer5_HD.avi

Standard definition(82.7MB): http://www.renegade-x.com/staff/RenX_Trailer5_SD.avi

Streaming:

Mod DB (Recommended): http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/video...railer#imagebox

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8g4txL-Jps

Be sure to leave comments!

NOTE: The version of Renegade X being viewed in this trailer in no way, shape, or form represents the final version of Renegade X.

Stomp by Sebastian Aav: http://www.sebastianaav.com/work/ren/ren_s...l_Version_1.mp3

Islands:

Zixxer, who is our newest mapper here on Renegade X, has completed remaking the C&C Renegade map "Islands", and my God does it look gorgeous! With our very own palm trees and map assets as well. Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself:

96865860fl4.jpg

97723688dd4.jpg

93278383ga7.jpg

Engineers!:

Our very own Rafael has cooked up an excellent Engineer for the mod. The GDI and Nod Engineers are ready for combat, and we've even got an urban camo for the Nod Engineer for those who want an old-school C&C look on your Nod infantry.

Nod1.jpg

Nod2.jpg

Gdi.jpg

Render!:

We've got a nice wallpaper of the two Engineers standing side by side:

RenegadeXENGINEER.jpg

GDI Mammoth Tank:

Some people like power. Others like great power. But the GDI Mammoth Tank is beyond all power - being the toughest vehicle in the mod, costing a whopping 1500 credits, this baby's got dual cannons, a missile pod on each side, and a load of armour. Watch out though, it is slow and will therefore need backup when moving it into the battlefield. With that said, all GDI ground vehicles are now finished. Made from scratch by JeepRubi!

wip20ld6.jpg

Mod of the Year Awards!

moty2008biggr6.jpg

It's that time again. If you've enjoyed today's media, then we need your help.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x

Vote Renegade X for the MOTY. We will first have a top 100 phase, in which we must reach before hitting phase 2. We will then be voting on which mod deserves the unreleased MOTY award. And if you've already voted for a mod, you can actually vote again.

Some Release Information...

The number one question we get on all venues is, "When will the mod come out?". The only answer we've been giving is "It's done when it's done". For an FPS total conversion, Renegade X is progressing very quickly. The team is constantly working at all times, and considering UT3's only been out for a little over a year, we've got a lot ingame.

The team would like to announce the contents of its first beta.

The content of our first release has been debated before - we want to get you this mod as soon as possible, but at the same time we would also like to take the time to complete enough content for it to play like the original game. The list is in no way final, and should not be thought of religiously, but our first release will generally feature the following:

-All GDI Ground Vehicles

-All Nod Ground Vehicles

-More than half of GDI Infantry

-More than half of Nod Infantry

-All buildings

-Remakes of most maps as well as a couple original maps

The missing content will be made up through patches, as well as glitch fixes and new features. Don't expect to see ALL of the features we've announced in the first beta release - the majority of it will be added as we get things done. As for the infantry we've chosen to be a part of the first beta, we've chosen the infantry that best shape the Renegade experience, which will still create a variety of pretty much everything you will need ingame.

We've not announced a release date, nor will we. The team behind this mod is working purely on its free time, and we could never guarantee how much free time we'll get per week. Your estimates on release are just as good as mine, you all know what is finished so far, and we are always informing you all on progress and what we're working on.

Be patient, and pay close attention to our next progress updates, because you never know when we'll come out and say "hey guys, the mod's done, have fun". Neither do we, so stop asking :)

That's it for now!

Be sure to visit http://www.renegade-x.com and keep track of more exciting updates, and remember to vote Renegade X for mod of the year!

Trailer is cool.

The fire rates are not as fast as the in the trailer are they? They seemed to be about 50% faster in the trailer as in the original game; particularly the stank. Maybe I just haven't played in a long time.

I cannot believe what I'm seeing. If I didn't know any better I would say you're stealing some company's work.

Engineers are also brilliant, maybe GDI's engineer has too angry face or I don't know. Can you change the outfit the same way as in Renegade? I like the original C&C style very much, nice little extra. Seeing this stuff makes me wonder how hot will hotwire be, hehe.

I agree with not telling release dates because telling one and then not keeping it is almost like lying in a way. (Especially if you do it reborn way 'it'll released this year FOR SURE!!!!!' :lol: )

Dunno what to say, feel like a fan and that's an awkward, girlish feeling. I definately have to get out forums, right now!

This shit is the best mod I have seen in quite some time.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I've posted it at RenForums cause I didn't see it on there yet. If you wanted to post it yourself, or a member of the media platoon, my apologies.

Allright, I actually missed all this untill I read the reply on one of the threads (asking about updates :) )

I watched those rocks pass, the road showed for only the tiniest part and even before the words came out I just knew what I was about to see those first seconds. Marvellous.

In the trailer, most of the tank turrets seemed to turn as they should, except the mammoth tank.

Otherwise, I must say your camara skills have improved tremendously since the previous trailer. While the first trailer gave a far better feel of 'Let's go pawn some suckers' this trailer really does it with the slo-motion, fast forward and following of tanks, rockets and infantry across the field at sometimes almost haphazard ways.

The trailer also shows very clearly what I hadn't seen clearly before: The stealth animation (talk about a paradox). It's quite realistic, and nicely done. My only fears will be that if a stank keeps spraying all that sand when riding over a beach while stealthed, will it even matter it's got a lazarus shield on board?

Islands seems finished, don't add any more to it. Otherwise I'll be goggling at the environment and get shot by every noob in game.

Last but not least: those engineers are ready to get dirty in some APC rushes if I had my way.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Jan 5 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Allright, I actually missed all this untill I read the reply on one of the threads (asking about updates :) )

I watched those rocks pass, the road showed for only the tiniest part and even before the words came out I just knew what I was about to see those first seconds. Marvellous.

In the trailer, most of the tank turrets seemed to turn as they should, except the mammoth tank.

Otherwise, I must say your camara skills have improved tremendously since the previous trailer. While the first trailer gave a far better feel of 'Let's go pawn some suckers' this trailer really does it with the slo-motion, fast forward and following of tanks, rockets and infantry across the field at sometimes almost haphazard ways.

The trailer also shows very clearly what I hadn't seen clearly before: The stealth animation (talk about a paradox). It's quite realistic, and nicely done. My only fears will be that if a stank keeps spraying all that sand when riding over a beach while stealthed, will it even matter it's got a lazarus shield on board?

Islands seems finished, don't add any more to it. Otherwise I'll be goggling at the environment and get shot by every noob in game.

Last but not least: those engineers are ready to get dirty in some APC rushes if I had my way.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

good points there, but id say that the stealth tank on the sand and such would only be a team visual? so the enemy wouldn't see it.... id like an answer to that, just to see if my guess is right.

looks really awesome!! 100% cool!!

also like all the little touches like the red and yellow bullets which Renegade also had.

i only have 1 question though... will tank turret rotation slow down? because in the vids it looks like they rotate way faster then they ever did in Renegade (might just be the vid)

amazing job guys wow,

for the stealth effect with sand spraying, in renegade when SBH walk in snow or sand map, you can see sometime the spraying, maybe a bug of W3D, but its there, for stank .. well .. i never really look for it cause when im stank or i see stank, its usually for a fast rush lol got other thing to watch during rush than sand spraying :P

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Jan 6 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks really awesome!! 100% cool!!
also like all the little touches like the red and yellow bullets which Renegade also had.
i only have 1 question though... will tank turret rotation slow down? because in the vids it looks like they rotate way faster then they ever did in Renegade (might just be the vid)[/b]

i think i remember reading somewhere that they will turn at same speed as in Renegade....ren x will have same infantry speed and tank speed and health etc. as in the original renegade

The SBH making splashes in Renegade was only when they jumped up and down which is why only fools bunny-hop with a cloaked SBH in the snow or water.

As for the Stank in our trailer, that's a current bug with the map. It shoots water spray everywhere you drive. xD

It's hard enough already to use the stealth tank, no need to add more ways to spot it then we already have.

The splash thingy for SBH: It does it now and then when you walk normally on sand etc. Just walk behind an SBH for a while and you will see that it splashes even when he doesn't jump. That's how I spot far distanced SBH usually.

Something I forgot to mention: The scorpion is missing in the trailer!

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Jan 7 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard enough already to use the stealth tank, no need to add more ways to spot it then we already have.

The splash thingy for SBH: It does it now and then when you walk normally on sand etc. Just walk behind an SBH for a while and you will see that it splashes even when he doesn't jump. That's how I spot far distanced SBH usually.

Something I forgot to mention: The scorpion is missing in the trailer!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

Of course; I agree with you completely. I was just saying "if."

I think it would be cool, but I think it's better that they don't. It saves time, and makes the gameplay more harder. =)

Came to check how you guys were doing..

:o !! AWESOME. I was like WOW, shivers down my spine and all as I watched the masterpiece trailer really awesome never been this excited for a mod EVER :lol:

Keep it up guys I really really appreciate the work you guys are putting into the mod. :lol:

;)

I can't wait either dude. I'm going to bring several clans to the Mod. I'll advertise to every clan, and community on Renegade to get them all to transfer over to the latest and COOLEST mod ever in renegade.

It will be sad for the new players; they will be playing alone in Renegade (After they buy it and play online...).

Seriously though, I'll do whatever I can to make people come play. Your Mod is already a hit, and everyone knows that, but I can't wait for more people to be on it once it's done. I'll try and advertise players on UT3 as well hahahahahaha.....

WOW! That is incredible! It had me salivating!

Yes my UT3 is loaded and waiting......

I am still playing more Renegade than any other game but will certainly switch to Renegade-X just as soon as it is out.

My email is in your database - please let me know if you need more players in your beta test program!

Wiz

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Jan 13 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
;)

I can't wait either dude. I'm going to bring several clans to the Mod. I'll advertise to every clan, and community on Renegade to get them all to transfer over to the latest and COOLEST mod ever in renegade.

It will be sad for the new players; they will be playing alone in Renegade (After they buy it and play online...).

Seriously though, I'll do whatever I can to make people come play. Your Mod is already a hit, and everyone knows that, but I can't wait for more people to be on it once it's done. I'll try and advertise players on UT3 as well hahahahahaha.....[/b]

When completed, the more people playing the merrier, i am sure everyone else can agree with that. If you want to help out as much as you can ask to join the media platoon when they have there next sign ups :)

QUOTE (Wizard17 @ Jan 14 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW! That is incredible! It had me salivating!

Yes my UT3 is loaded and waiting......

I am still playing more Renegade than any other game but will certainly switch to Renegade-X just as soon as it is out.

My email is in your database - please let me know if you need more players in your beta test program!

Wiz[/b]

I have seen that question asked many times, and Ive always seen the answer "the beta test positions where filled a long time ago", so unless you get lucky, i guess you will have to wait like the rest of us :P

All the feed back this mod is getting is really awesome, its heart harming to see so many dedicated fans.

When completed, the more people playing the merrier, i am sure everyone else can agree with that. If you want to help out as much as you can ask to join the media platoon when they have there next sign ups[/b]

Yeah I talked to fobby about it last week and he said to wait to sign up. So I'm keeping a look out. ;)

• 2 weeks later...