Renegade X needs an English-to-German and German-to-English Translator

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey friends,

Just a simple request. Renegade X needs a human translator who will be able to translate Renegade X documents updates and documents into German. In order to fill this position, you will need to be fluent in both English and German.

Don't try and fool us either by using electronic translators :P Many members on the team speak the language.

Germany_flag.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff
Why German, and not one of the other million languages out there?[/b]

Because C&C has a very thriving German community. I've been playing C&C Renegade for almost seven years, and in all these years I've seen countless German clans and servers, and probably the largest language spoken in Renegade after English would be German. There aren't too many other non-English-speaking minorities within the C&C Renegade community.

I'm not saying you'll never come across another language group in C&C Renegade, I am just saying English and German would probably be the two most overwhelming groups.

Not to mention arguably more people visit CNC-Inside.de than most C&C English community sites.

Sure we could take the trouble in translating all of our massive updates, interviews, and maybe even the mod itself into languages like Tagalog, Hebrew, Swahili, etc. but the amount of work taken in translating might not be worth the amount of people who will benefit (who might be 0 for those languages I had named).

And if many members of the team speak it, why do you need a translator?[/b]

Isn't it obvious? :lol: Our members are working and therefore do not have much time to be sitting around translating. Pr0ex (coder), Deathlink (he's back!), bube (coder), RypeL (coder), Zixxer (mapper), and many others in the mod are fluent speakers, but they are all very busy with their tasks.

QUOTE (LeecherbS @ Nov 13 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it makes me happy to see the German Flag :)
In the case that nobody can do the Translations ,i would try my best.
English to German is no Problem, but German to English is a bit harder for me ,because of the grammatics.[/b]

I think mostly its english -> german, since he releases are always english :-).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

doesn't English a Germanic language? :D ahaha (isn't the mammoth tech from German?) xD

if you need it in Chinese I will be more than happy to help.

The only mod community of any games I know here in Taiwan ... will have to be WarCraft III Mod/Map

hahaha

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Nov 13 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because C&C has a very thriving German community. I've been playing C&C Renegade for almost seven years, and in all these years I've seen countless German clans and servers, and probably the largest language spoken in Renegade after English would be German. There aren't too many other non-English-speaking minorities within the C&C Renegade community.

I'm not saying you'll never come across another language group in C&C Renegade, I am just saying English and German would probably be the two most overwhelming groups.

Not to mention arguably more people visit CNC-Inside.de than most C&C English community sites.

Sure we could take the trouble in translating all of our massive updates, interviews, and maybe even the mod itself into languages like Tagalog, Hebrew, Swahili, etc. but the amount of work taken in translating might not be worth the amount of people who will benefit (who might be 0 for those languages I had named).

Isn't it obvious? :lol: Our members are working and therefore do not have much time to be sitting around translating. Pr0ex (coder), Deathlink (he's back!), bube (coder), RypeL (coder), Zixxer (mapper), and many others in the mod are fluent speakers, but they are all very busy with their tasks.[/b]

Speaking of Hebrew, I think I can fill the job.