What attracts you most about Renegade X

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

hmm... very good question... not really sure what did in the first place, but well I always been a C&C fan, and seeing a great game like Renegade getting transfered to a better engine might be it... wait I don't really think I knew what an engine was in game terms when I first heard about it... argh... I really don't know what attracted me in the first place but I am damn glad I got attracted

The graphics, the quality of work. The first time I played Renegade I didn't like it, since I didn't understand the game. The lag, bad graphics and so on got on my nerves. Then I started to read what people think of the C&C mode. From what I read, I could see why Renegade multiplayer was good.

I have also heard you guys are going to put some new vehicles, weapons, and character so I am always excited about that.

well im a fan of C&C sine the Gold one ... when a new C&C was out, i made everything to bought it asap ... Renegade is a blast, its not a big game with insane graphic but its so fun to play . im a UT fan too .. when i tried the Demo of UT3 the first time i was WOW for Graphic but gameplay was soso .. but when i heard about RenX ... best of both World, Renegade with intense Graphic .. you cant ask for more :P and you stick to Renegade char, vehic look .. alot of mod changed things in game too much, but you its renegade in better

What attracts me most?

First of all, I thought 'that will make all the people who didn't like the graphix return to a great game'. The graphix have always been a bit appalling.

Second, I never thought of it untill you said it, but if it hadn't had a C&C mode, I wouldn't even have considered keeping track of this mod. The fact that you will be adding new modes and levels is just an increase in the replay factor.

Thirdly, I was so glad to hear that all the glitches such as backwards obi-walking, wallhugging and such were removed.

And last, the fact that some weapons will get an overhaul, such as the tiberium autorifle. So that they will be usable for their price, and better then the 0 credit soldiers that now can beat them quite easily.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

The Potential for making a better C&C Renegade Shooter on the Powerful Unreal 3 Engine (it has so much potential to create and expend RenX, but that will be later)

C&C Mode

Details

I came expecting a better C&CRen RTSS and what I get is beyond my imagination.

its remaking ren and not trying to do any thing weird and make it "beater" wich just ends up a different game. UE3 well be a great steep up and the art work is just great! :D ... o and it looks like unlike other ren remakes is really going to come out! which is a new idea for more mod teams

• 1 month later...

I'm not a fan of UT3, so I actually didn't pay much attention to the Renegade X mod when it was first announced. It kinda garnered my attention as new updates were released. I read the interview with founder NEFobbyGEN at CNCNZ that was released this week. Very interesting read.

What I'm looking forward to in Renegade X is the much improved graphics, beautiful scenarios to play on, improved gameplay, and I'm glad to see your keeping C&C mode in this mod. I also believe the Renegade X team is very serious about seeing this project through to completion. You have my attention. Keep up the good work!

Renegade has always been a special game. When playing I always wondered how great the game would actually be if EA made a new version of it. It didn't matter if it was just an update to prevent lag, give hard time for all the cheaters or to improve graphics.

Now the fact to you're actually making all of these things makes me plain crazy. I never believed there could be people wondering the same things and actually doing something about it. Secondly, I still can't understand how much your putting effort on this projects. It's incredible that you're not upgrading everything like graphics better but much better, reaching even the most highest standards you see nowadays. :blink:

To conclude, I would say about Renegade X I like the most the crew itself. You're doing everything so stunningly professional. Also I'm happy you're keeping Renegade gameplay (vehicles, infarty, levels, game balance) the same, improving just about everything and adding a couple of new features not affecting the original gameplay but giving you even better Renegade experience.

Thank you.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Oct 5 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to open a thread to ask my fellow comrades, what attracted YOU to this mod and what do you find most appealing about it.

If I were a Renefan X, I would probably be attracted to seeing C&C mode back in action.[/b]

I have bought and play many many FPS games. Usually I play, beat the game, then put it in my memory box until I feel like playing it later in a couple years.

Only a few games still escape from being imprisoned in my memory box (Doom, Renegade, Delta Force 2, etc)...

I am specifically attracted to this mod due to the fact that I became sick of W3D Renegade's glitches. Some basic things still annoy me. Also, in this day and age, it's about time a game like Renegade got a nice graphical update.

This is why I love this mod...I no longer want to play in a game where the graphics are cartoony at best but look realistic and Ren X is the answer.

Plus the C&C mode is very fascinating to say the least....

• 3 weeks later...

I have played Renegade on and off ever since it was released and more than any other PC game I have ever owned. It's unique combination of first person shooter mixed with vehicles with a tactical element in which there is no right and wrong way to play - only better and worse choices. The fact that every game is potentially different because of the different teams each time and the communication (or lack of) between lots of different groups of varying ability.

Every time I have played there have been dead eyed snipers, kamikaze flame rushes, mammy hunters, experts of every type mixed with a healthy amount of players who don't know why running through tiberium is bad for them which means that whatever your tactics or ability, there's something in this game for you.

Personally, I can't shoot straight for love nor money so 1st person shooters are normally fun for a while but there's a limit to how much dying can be interesting. But stick me in a Med tank and I'll take out half your base while your camped on the hill before you've noticed...

What makes Renegade great for me is that when you get stuck or pinned down or a tactic isn't working there are still plenty of options available. It isn't A Vs B using C and D.

Renegade is the thinking mans shoot em up.

And the thought of playing a bigger, cleaner, less buggy , better graphics, up to date Renegade with the same game play would be my own little bit of C&C heaven.

I'm just so glad that there are those out there who feel the same as me who have the abilities to create this MOD. Count me in for any little help I can provide :)

• 2 weeks later...

No game has ever cost me as much sleep or made me late for work more often than Renegade did. I loved that game, even when the lag was atrocious... you know... pretty much all the time, I still couldn't stop playing. Nowadays there's al kinds of games that are similar to REnegade, but none have ever really captured that same addictive gameplay. I had just as much fun fighting a losing battle, as I did when I was winning. Nothing compares to that rush when you'd been losing for 20+ minutes and suddenly a well executed mission takes down the enemy defenses and turns the game around.

My friend and I always used to wish someone would just remake the game as it is, but with better net code and some updated graphics... so cool to see you guys doing just that. I've watched many a mod team try to get this done, hoping to eventually see a finished version 1.0 and I think finally you guys are the ones to get it done. Everything looks even better than I imagined possible so far.

Having made a few Ren maps myself, and not one that didn't have it's share of bugs, I think it's amazing what you guys are doing. I can't even imagine the amount of work that's been put in so far and I want to thank you guys for doing what EA should have done ages ago.

Respect.

i agree 100% with what skint said. (in fact, his text made me post my first time here on the forums, so hello everybody :) )

actually, you guys could be the first mod team ever that's doing EXACTLY the mod i was looking for all the time. i think you're doing a great job!

i wish a successful 2009 to everybody!

Renegade is a great game but needed:

- better hack protection

- better team play tools / voice chat / squad controls

- better networking performance

- some way to stop bad miners from trying to mine the entire world

The really great diversity of units, maps, and tactics, all reasonably well balanced with fixes to the above issues will make for a fantastic game.

• 2 weeks later...

Played renegade demo from 2005, was in the community & in clans etc.. for a long time.

Ren demo only a few months ago died due to a few things so was hoping something like this would come along and i just this second discovered it.

Btw i do have the full version but never liked the community compared to demo, hence why im not playing it now :)

Good work guys, keep it up!

I am hoping it will be like days of old when there were actually genuine good players and not 13 year old kids claiming to "own" an ancient game. Hopefully most of the morons currently playing Renegade will never find this and stay there, leaving it for us to enjoy before they ruin it with their bad grammar and awful typos.

NO LAG!!! FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE I CAN PLAY RENEGADE AND NOT GET TICKED EVERYTIME I TRY TO WALK AROUND A CORNER

i hated the old engine and im glad UT3 is being used (would be one of my first picks)

graphics (always a big plus with modelers)

and im very happy to see the (true) CnC community working and growing together

• 1 month later...

I never had a prob with the lag.....

i first played when I was at my uncles house and it was love at first sight. I would wait and dream about playing it until I got it for myself. it was the first fps I ever played. :D I have been playing eversince still my favorite gam and will always have a special place with me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Want to play Renegade again and get the feeling of the early days. I miss those days.

I couldn't really care for the graphics and all, I really care for the feel of it. If the current Renegade was as great and active (and cared about with updates) as back then, I would currently still be playing that.

What attracted me to this mod was the brilliant idea of the mod in the first place. The idea of making a renegade mod on UT3 which will improve the graphics is brilliant. Also, alot of people are looking forward to this mod. If they like this mod it might wonder them into wondering what the original game is like and may bring rene back alive. I've been trying to promote this mod alot to people lately because I like the creativeness of it. I really like the trailer which recounts the meteor crashing into the Tiber River, the music was really choice.