What is the plan ?

Samuel Cardillo

Hi folks,

I was wondering : What's the plan? Especially on the dev side? As a huge Renegade fan, I was ecstatic when I heard of Renegade X, which was now years ago. I have been watching it grow, playing it few times but over the years I just saw the decline in player base. Whenever I check it out, I just see one or two players, sometimes it reach 5... So, what is the plan? 

Despite the player base clearly disappearing, I see that updates are being pushed and content is being made: is there a marketing roadmap somewhere? Are you planning to push the game on Steam or any platform to reduce the complexity of finding and installing the game in order to get more players? Do you guys need donations for that? If yes, I would be extremely happy to donate, even up to 10k USD or more - and I am sure I am not the only one.

I am just genuinely interested to understand what is going on, basically: are we looking at a dead game being maintained for absolutely no other reasons than passion or are we looking at a proper plan to revive and make this game playable again? As a fan, I hope for the later.

Regards

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello! 

Yes the community size has been about the same for roughly the past 3-5 years now. Actually we still regularly have about 60-100 players playing every day, more  on the weekends. We hold organized matches through discord. Which really bring out the true spirit of "command and conquer mode".

https://discord.com/invite/totemarts

Our dev focus has primarily shifted toward Firestorm and its release on UDK. We know that UDK has many limitations and even moreso there are a limited amount of people willing to work on it for basically no compensation. Ideally later this year, once Firestorm UDK is released, we plan to shift towards using ue5. That itself will require some new skill sets, manpower and planning.

Unfortunately we can't release on steam since we are using EA's IP, which goes against their modding agreement. 

As far as Renegade-X, we see it as basically complete. There a few things we'd like to get out the door before calling it "1.0".

Of course donations are always appreciated!! They help fund servers and other costs, and give us more room to experiment with outside talent.

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=PLZ9PVZUYRA8E

On 5/22/2023 at 10:47 AM, roweboat said:

As far as Renegade-X, we see it as basically complete. There a few things we'd like to get out the door before calling it "1.0".

What are they? Do you have a list containing all of the things you wish to add?