New launcher update on may 15 ?

They

Played earlier today with no launcher issues. Reopened the launcher after taking acouple hour break in the evening at 8:30pm ( eastern canada ) and saw that it was auto downloading a new version of the launcher. Once finished it then prompted me to install unreal engine redistributable. I clicked yes, when it was finished an empty server menu shows up and game status shows as VERSION : NOT INSTALLED on the launcher screen. At the top i used to have the option of a News tab ( it would default load to this ) and Renegade X. I now have Renegade X and Black Dawn to choose from ( top of launcher screen ). The Settings and Verify buttons are grey'd out at the bottom of the launcher. If i try restarting the launcher, i get asked again to install " Unreal engine redistributable install ". The prompt also says " it looks like this is your first time with totem arts " .... " Click OK to get started ( You may get a UAC prompt ). Only option is to click OK. If i click Deny access on the next prompt screen ( Allow or disallow a program to make changes warning prompt ) then i get an empty server list with  ' Version : Not installed ' at top right.

I did not install or update anything, i did not restart my computer befor this happened. I have tried restarting with no effect. I AM able to manually start renegadeX via the old application desktop shortcut.
Was there an update and this is a known issue ? Is this something that has happened specific to me ? I joined the only server with players; one person, named Dax , who said his launcher is working normally.
EDIT : Do i need to reinstall the game or is this a known issue that i should wait for an external fix ?

Edited by They

• Totem Arts Staff
13 hours ago, They said:

Played earlier today with no launcher issues. Reopened the launcher after taking acouple hour break in the evening at 8:30pm ( eastern canada ) and saw that it was auto downloading a new version of the launcher. Once finished it then prompted me to install unreal engine redistributable. I clicked yes, when it was finished an empty server menu shows up and game status shows as VERSION : NOT INSTALLED on the launcher screen. At the top i used to have the option of a News tab ( it would default load to this ) and Renegade X. I now have Renegade X and Black Dawn to choose from ( top of launcher screen ). The Settings and Verify buttons are grey'd out at the bottom of the launcher. If i try restarting the launcher, i get asked again to install " Unreal engine redistributable install ". The prompt also says " it looks like this is your first time with totem arts " .... " Click OK to get started ( You may get a UAC prompt ). Only option is to click OK. If i click Deny access on the next prompt screen ( Allow or disallow a program to make changes warning prompt ) then i get an empty server list with  ' Version : Not installed ' at top right.

I did not install or update anything, i did not restart my computer befor this happened. I have tried restarting with no effect. I AM able to manually start renegadeX via the old application desktop shortcut.
Was there an update and this is a known issue ? Is this something that has happened specific to me ? I joined the only server with players; one person, named Dax , who said his launcher is working normally.
EDIT : Do i need to reinstall the game or is this a known issue that i should wait for an external fix ?

Click install for RenX and select the directory it's currently installed in and it will recognize it.

• Totem Arts Staff
45 minutes ago, They said:

Thankyou ! I did not end up trying that as the launcher now works normally on its own. I have not tried restarting the launcher since it started working again... because scared. :o

Some time after you made the post, we made a change on backend to help fix this.