Renegade X: Patch 5.70.506 - Patch Notes

NodSaibot

• Totem Arts Staff

Rx_ForumBanner_New.thumb.png.fed726d595f98a7e8bffb6cda9afc381.png

"Welcome back, Commander!"

Patch 5.70.506 brings some small bug fixes along with minor balance adjustments

Rx_ForumBanner_Changelog.thumb.png.94616448451b98b9b80e68d57376f0c1.png.002606583ddfb4fb852d39af5e790215.png

Spoiler

| Bug Fixes / Changes |

• Fixed an issue with Discord RPC not working
  • Added a fix for sound bug on 64bit client
  • Laser Rifle
    • Range reduced from 6000 to 4800
    • Damage reduced from 20 to 18
  • Lowered defensive VP penalty from 3 to 2 (killing enemies in your base now gives more VP)
  • Added code to help prevent invisible character models

| User Interface |

• Fixed an issue where multiple menus are open and cause the HUD to be hidden
  • Fixed the VP/Death/Subtitles text box sometimes having a black box around it

| Audio |

• Updated sound variables to make vehicle engines sound like they used to after the bug fix

| Maps |

• Whiteout
    • Fixed vehicles from being deleted at specific locations
  • Walls
    • Optimized several assets to reduce file and memory footprint
  • Thanks 1

64bit client doesn't work anymore. An error message shows that "Xaudio2_8.dll is missing".  Based on what I found in the internet, it's related to Windows 7 compatibility. Tried to fix that, but no result. Reinstalling the game and launcher doesn't work. It seems that people with Win7 is no longer able to play on 64bit client...

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, RED_89 said:

64bit client doesn't work anymore. An error message shows that "Xaudio2_8.dll is missing".  Based on what I found in the internet, it's related to Windows 7 compatibility. Tried to fix that, but no result. Reinstalling the game and launcher doesn't work. It seems that people with Win7 is no longer able to play on 64bit client...

Windows 7 is extremely outdated and insecure, we do not support playing on Windows 7. If you want to continue to launch the game without the latest fixes, you must delete this file. In your game installation directory, go to /Binaries/Win64/dinput8.dll and delete it. However, this file will reappear anytime you validate the game or update.

On 3/11/2023 at 4:12 AM, NodSaibot said:

Windows 7 is extremely outdated and insecure, we do not support playing on Windows 7. If you want to continue to launch the game without the latest fixes, you must delete this file. In your game installation directory, go to /Binaries/Win64/dinput8.dll and delete it. However, this file will reappear anytime you validate the game or update.

Thank you! It worked...

I though it's okay to play the game made on extremely outdated engine using extremely outdated OS (a perfect match) ☺️.

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
On 4/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, Interval said:

Just get a bug, when i try join on server and its full - i cant close that message about it or game, cursor literally not work. 

I believe that is an issue with 2 menus being created on top of each other, and should be fixed in upcoming patch.