Regarding the latest Dev Talk #8

Nevo

What I was afraid of came true, that UE3's obsolescence would start to strangle Firestorm's development. I had hoped that it would not be the case, but it is seriously impressive what was accomplished with it, Ren X in particular. Until on an earlier topic, I thought at least UE4 was being used and I was very much surprised.

A suggestion since Firestorm is going to be made on UE5 now and a version of Firestorm will be made available to keep us tied over, why not revive Ren X Firestorm? I don't mean anything complicated, just swap out the buildings and units.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 7:38 AM, NodSaibot said:

We have seen community feedback and are exploring solutions for adding some sort of compromise for buildings in Conquest mode.

I hate to start a new thread about this but can you clarify certain issues that I maybe misinterpreting?

1. Afai understood it, the move to UE4 or UE5 was because UE3 cannot handle loads of vehicles and buildings and a large map.

2. CnC mode was dropped because Firestorm's version of it on UE3 just cannot handle it, but new modes were optimized in UE4 and/or UE5.

If UE4 or UE5 is better than UE3 in certain aspects, why can't it handle the proposed Firestorm's CnC mode?

Sorry to bother you.

Edit: Having watched the Dev Talk #8, I understood why. Thanks for your time.

Edited by BaronSameSame
BaronSameSame was forced to do this///
  • Thanks 1