Downloaded Totem Arts Launcher, cannot install game

Qwerty1234

I downloaded the Totem Arts Launcher, click the "Renegade-X" tab at the top next to "News" and click install but it never goes any further. Opens an install window but Validating, Downloading, Applying all stay at 0%, even when left alone for several hours. Not sure if I'm missing something simple, I just got another desktop and am trying to add a few games to it. Help?

• Totem Arts Staff

If that fixes the problem you've selected an installation directory that you can't write to as a normal user like C:\Program Files\Renegade-X. It's recommended to install to a directory you can write to like "C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Renegade-X" (Windows also accepts "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Renegade-X" as a shorthand for the same directory).

If you install the game when the launcher runs as administrator you will always need to run the launcher as administrator or you might run into weird bugs.

On 12/27/2022 at 5:45 PM, Silv said:

If that fixes the problem you've selected an installation directory that you can't write to as a normal user like C:\Program Files\Renegade-X. It's recommended to install to a directory you can write to like "C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Renegade-X" (Windows also accepts "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Renegade-X" as a shorthand for the same directory).

If you install the game when the launcher runs as administrator you will always need to run the launcher as administrator or you might run into weird bugs.

This way still does not work for me. i have tried it everywhere all with admin access and it still does nothing.