Cannot Install RenX Plz Halp D:

BigWyrm67

This is what I get when I try to install RenX: Untitled2.jpg

Then when I click through it, it gives me this: Untitled.jpg

Then it just crashes forcing me to close it with task manager.

I dont know what to do plz halp.

Windows 7 64bit

Gtx1060ti, AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

11 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

Are you using latest download link?

If you are using that, make sure that it's not being blocked by firewall and has internet connection.

Yes, thats the link I used. Just to be sure I redownloaded it and retried installing using your post link. Same result. :/ 

I don't have a firewall and my antivirus is AVG. AVG didn't react to launching it so I don't think its the antivirus.

Edited by BigWyrm67

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 4:11 AM, NodSaibot said:

Are you using latest download link?

If you are using that, make sure that it's not being blocked by firewall and has internet connection.

The same thing been happening to me for over a year so something is clearly wrong ( says the same stuff except looks a little different as windows 10).

ive been using the download file form totem arts downloads and still happens. just tried today as well. says no download servers.

edit: except mine dont say untitled ect. the name for the download file does say renx blah blah 0.87 release

Edited by MAF

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, BigWyrm67 said:

Yes, thats the link I used. Just to be sure I redownloaded it and retried installing using your post link. Same result. :/ 

I don't have a firewall and my antivirus is AVG. AVG didn't react to launching it so I don't think its the antivirus.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:48 PM, t22 said:

Getting the same issue, is there not a fix?

On 9/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, MAF said:

The same thing been happening to me

Hi, are you guys still here?
Am very sorry we didn't get back to you more timely.

So uhm,
if you don't have a firewall then you automatically have Windows Firewall unless you expressly disabled it.

I advise you recheck your Windows firewall settings as NodSaibot suggested.

There's a setting called: "Allow an app through Windows Firewall"
If you search for "firewall" in your start menu it should show up.
Otherwise you have to go find it yourself.

In that screen,
make sure that anything resembling "Renegade X Launcher.exe" and "UDK.exe" have both check marks on so that it's allowed through.

If that doesn't help please do provide us with your launcher's recent .log file.
You can find your log files here: C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Renegade-X Launcher

You can drag the file into your reply.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:05 AM, Suspiria said:

Hi, are you guys still here?
Am very sorry we didn't get back to you more timely.

So uhm,
if you don't have a firewall then you automatically have Windows Firewall unless you expressly disabled it.

I advise you recheck your Windows firewall settings as NodSaibot suggested.

There's a setting called: "Allow an app through Windows Firewall"
If you search for "firewall" in your start menu it should show up.
Otherwise you have to go find it yourself.

In that screen,
make sure that anything resembling "Renegade X Launcher.exe" and "UDK.exe" have both check marks on so that it's allowed through.

If that doesn't help please do provide us with your launcher's recent .log file.
You can find your log files here: C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Renegade-X Launcher

You can drag the file into your reply.

My windows firewall is completely turned off and has been for years now.

Hear is my log file:

03-08-2022_17-12-02_Application.log

7 hours ago, BigWyrm67 said:

My windows firewall is completely turned off and has been for years now.

Hear is my log file:

03-08-2022_17-12-02_Application.log 2.66 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there,

Your log implies some kind of firewall or VPN at works.

AVG AntiVirus nowadays optionally includes a feature called "Enhanced Firewall" at the point of install.

You can follow these directions to check whether this feature got installed alongside antivirus:
support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=Use-AVG-Antivirus-Enhanced-Firewall

As to VPN's.. they can come in all kinds of "online security", "web shield", "internet security" suites.
And they're also commonly bundled with virusscanners these days and sometimes people aren't even aware they're running one.

Kind regards,
Suspiria

6 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Hi there,

Your log implies some kind of firewall or VPN at works.

AVG AntiVirus nowadays optionally includes a feature called "Enhanced Firewall" at the point of install.

You can follow these directions to check whether this feature got installed alongside antivirus:
support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=Use-AVG-Antivirus-Enhanced-Firewall

As to VPN's.. they can come in all kinds of "online security", "web shield", "internet security" suites.
And they're also commonly bundled with virusscanners these days and sometimes people aren't even aware they're running one.

Kind regards,
Suspiria

I dont have the Enhanced Firewall feature installed but tried installing RenX with my AVG completely turned off just in case. Same result. I have never used a VPN but I do have a dynamic IP address if that matters. Here is my new log:

02-10-2022_11-59-28_Application.log

1 hour ago, BigWyrm67 said:
17 hours ago, BigWyrm67 said:

These logs are from february and march ?!

I dont have the Enhanced Firewall feature installed but tried installing RenX with my AVG completely turned off just in case. Same result.
I have never used a VPN but I do have a dynamic IP address if that matters.

I'm just saying that any type of security suite these days can contain a VPN within.
So you may have one without knowing it.

But by all means send in a more recent log because right now you probably have an entirely different issue than you had in february.
We'll just be chasing our own tail otherwise. 😅

Edited by Suspiria

2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

These logs are from february and march ?!

I'm just saying that any type of security suite these days can contain a VPN within.
So you may have one without knowing it.

But by all means send in a more recent log because right now you probably have an entirely different issue than you had in february.
We'll just be chasing our own tail otherwise. 😅

I deleted all the log files I had in RenX Launcher folder (there was almost 20 of them). I redownloaded the launcher and tried installing again with AVG disabled. These are the log files that were created today:

02-10-2022_16-39-07_Application.log 02-10-2022_16-39-02_Application.log

I deleted all the log files I had in RenX Launcher folder (there was almost 20 of them). I redownloaded the launcher and tried installing again with AVG disabled. These are the log files that were created today:

02-10-2022_16-39-07_Application.log 2.31 kB · 0 downloads 02-10-2022_16-39-02_Application.log 2.64 kB · 0 downloads

I'm sorry the log is my mistake thought it was still september and the date format was american.

Either way.. I've carefully examined your logs and also the Launcher's source code. It really really looks like some program or some device is specifically blocking the Launcher from the internet.

So forget about AVG; I trust we have ruled that one out by now.

But do you have any other "security" kind of programs installed? Anything that intends to make your browsing or interner experience more secure.

Also how do you connect to the internet? Are you sitting at home using an ordinary modem?

6 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I'm sorry the log is my mistake thought it was still september and the date format was american.

Either way.. I've carefully examined your logs and also the Launcher's source code. It really really looks like some program or some device is specifically blocking the Launcher from the internet.

So forget about AVG; I trust we have ruled that one out by now.

But do you have any other "security" kind of programs installed? Anything that intends to make your browsing or interner experience more secure.

Also how do you connect to the internet? Are you sitting at home using an ordinary modem?

Im on my home router, I use Brave browser (but this was still happening back when I used firefox), I have wireshark but that only monitors traffic it doesn't block it. AVG is my only security. Do I need to port forward or something? If it makes any difference, this only started happening after RenX made its transition to this new site, so maybe something changed on the backend or with the patching servers.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:46 AM, BigWyrm67 said:

Im on my home router, I use Brave browser (but this was still happening back when I used firefox), I have wireshark but that only monitors traffic it doesn't block it. AVG is my only security. Do I need to port forward or something? If it makes any difference, this only started happening after RenX made its transition to this new site, so maybe something changed on the backend or with the patching servers.

I think it may be time to ask @Cronus about this.
AFAIK he knows a bit more about the specifics of current Totem Arts infrastructure.

Edited by Suspiria

On 10/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, AshbyJones said:

They should consider themselves fortunate—only frustration and heartbreak awaits them—

No big problems with RenX.
AFAIK your frustrations lie mostly with Totem Arts' second game "Firestorm" not being released on time.

Also like I said before go take up programming and help out.
I will hold your beer and drink it too.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2022 at 11:41 AM, Suspiria said:

No big problems with RenX.
AFAIK your frustrations lie mostly with Totem Arts' second game "Firestorm" not being released on time.

Also like I said before go take up programming and help out.
I will hold your beer and drink it too.

Wow that’s a lot of hostility…

I haven’t actually been paying attention to your game for quite a while—but since you brought it up, have you released Firestorm yet?  If not that’s actually/sincerely sad.  Totem Arts really shit the bed on this one…

Renegade X is/was a massive achievement, especially since it’s free and without advertisements…I honestly don’t know why you all tried to move on to the next great thing like it’d work out great.  Last time I played there actually were major problems with ren-x…hope you devs have spent time fixing things instead of all moving on to the next great thing…

though again I’m really not paying attention…haven’t played your game in about a year…all I really know is that roweboat is a fatty.

also…is shpetim actually going by rustyshackleford in game now?  So weird….ashes to ashes…

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, AshbyJones said:

Wow that’s a lot of hostility…

I haven’t actually been paying attention to your game for quite a while—but since you brought it up, have you released Firestorm yet?  If not that’s actually/sincerely sad.  Totem Arts really shit the bed on this one…

Renegade X is/was a massive achievement, especially since it’s free and without advertisements…I honestly don’t know why you all tried to move on to the next great thing like it’d work out great.  Last time I played there actually were major problems with ren-x…hope you devs have spent time fixing things instead of all moving on to the next great thing…

though again I’m really not paying attention…haven’t played your game in about a year…all I really know is that roweboat is a fatty.

also…is shpetim actually going by rustyshackleford in game now?  So weird….ashes to ashes…

Not sure why you talking to Suspiria like he is a dev 🤣

• Downvote 1