Firestorm: Tester Applications Now Open!

NodSaibot

• Totem Arts Staff

AlphaTesterApplications.thumb.png.dfa14091a264d665af2d6a87bc2363fe.png

Hey community!

We are happy to announce that we are now opening up applications for individuals to join our testing team!

First, we'd like to explain what our average testing session consists of. Our tests are regularly scheduled sessions that last a few hours. Inside of these tests, our lead testers may designate specific features or aspects to focus on or give more consideration to. As the testing session is drawing to a close, there is a time for discussion and giving feedback. The feedback we receive from our testers is invaluable to creating an amazing game, and we wouldn't be where we are without the help of our testing team.

While we don't have many explicit guidelines on who we are accepting for testers, having Discord and being in voice chat while testing is an absolute essential component of organized testing. As such, joining our Discord server and being on voice chat while testing is a requirement. Alongside Discord, being available for testing times and having sufficient hardware are also important considerations. If your current hardware can run Renegade X, you will be able to play Firestorm.

We are still in alpha. As such, there will need to be a tolerance for bugs and inconveniences while testing. We look forward to your responses and we are so happy to be able to welcome more of the community into our tests.

You can find the application form here.

• Like 5

• NodSaibot pinned and featured this topic

What are the times for testing? more towards the weekend and when does the process start. I'd apply immediately but unfortunately soon for me a time is coming where I can't be 100% sure to find the time for testing. Too bad this didn't start a couple of month earlier, I could have tested for you almost 24/7 in the last couple of month. :D

• Totem Arts Staff
17 hours ago, WildRover84 said:

What are the times for testing? more towards the weekend and when does the process start. I'd apply immediately but unfortunately soon for me a time is coming where I can't be 100% sure to find the time for testing. Too bad this didn't start a couple of month earlier, I could have tested for you almost 24/7 in the last couple of month. :D

Near pug time on weekends.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:04 AM, NodSaibot said:

As such, joining our Discord server and being on voice chat while testing is a requirement.

Well as someone who absolutely despises discord and made a personal pledge to never use it, me joining is completely out of the question. Also doesn't help that I don't have a microphone. :P

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, LeonardMT said:

Well as someone who absolutely despises discord and made a personal pledge to never use it, me joining is completely out of the question. Also doesn't help that I don't have a microphone. :P

Speaking is not required, just being able to listen :)

1 hour ago, NodSaibot said:

Speaking is not required, just being able to listen :)

Still requires discord:(. Also just wondering will Firestorm Assault will be apart of this beta testing group or just the full game?

Anyways I also have a little experience of beta testing medical software mostly on the UI/UX side of things so if you need a tester for that and if the discord requirement gets lifted I'd probably be of some use.

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
On 9/23/2022 at 5:01 AM, Dagama said:

Great news! Awesome game guys! Fall 2020 release was cool!!1!1 Best public release now

We understand the frustration of having to wait so long, but we are not going to release a game that we are not happy with, simple as that. The game has evolved and changed a lot from the Fall 2020 release date. Our current deadline is to release the UDK beta before end of this year.

Not only have there been changes with the game itself, but if you have been around the community you will have known that there have been many issues within the team (DMCA issues, former team members problems), which have stopped development for months at a time on their own.

We are human and this is a hobby. Burn out exists and life happens.

Thank you for your support!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 10:10 PM, NodSaibot said:

We understand the frustration of having to wait so long, but we are not going to release a game that we are not happy with, simple as that. The game has evolved and changed a lot from the Fall 2020 release date. Our current deadline is to release the UDK beta before end of this year.

Not only have there been changes with the game itself, but if you have been around the community you will have known that there have been many issues within the team (DMCA issues, former team members problems), which have stopped development for months at a time on their own.

We are human and this is a hobby. Burn out exists and life happens.

Thank you for your support!

I know its free game, and directly this fact especially impressive. I talking about unreleased promises. When people waiting release and gets nothing as result is bad but when it happens again and again in a row... really f****** bad.

Thank you for thinking me supporting! (honestly, Im useless)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Delays are definitely annoying, but you'd rather take your time to publish a great game than meet a deadline and the game is so bad that after a short time no one is playing it anymore. I'll wait another 5 years but I still really hope it doesn't come to that. it would be an incredible honor for me to participate in the beta test i have been playing renegade since it was released for pc in 2003

Sry for the big Letters i copy that from a translator so u can understand what i want to say qith no doubt because my english atleast the grummel is really bad

Edited by NodSaibot
Merged posts/formatting

• 8 months later...
  • NodSaibot changed the title to Firestorm: Tester Applications Now Open!

is testing still available? been a gamer for 30 years.. not a professional tester.. but i have played RenX for awhile and played renegade for many years. i got a 9700k(down volted) to run cooler at 4.8ghz 3060 12gb with 32 gigs. i've also been watching firestorm for awhile and i loved Tiberium sun when it was released so i'll be excited to play a roll in its development.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 7/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, XxDrMeeseeksxX said:

is testing still available? been a gamer for 30 years.. not a professional tester.. but i have played RenX for awhile and played renegade for many years. i got a 9700k(down volted) to run cooler at 4.8ghz 3060 12gb with 32 gigs. i've also been watching firestorm for awhile and i loved Tiberium sun when it was released so i'll be excited to play a roll in its development.

Yes you can apply here!! :

https://totemarts.games/jobs/beta-tester.html