way to lock before i get to respond

NodOnThis

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Aug 27 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, but I play legit. I don't drive APCs in tunnels, nor do I need to learn how to. I play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

Knowing Renegade glitches does not help the mod in anyway, since this is on an entirely different game engine. Therefore the bugs in W3D are none of our concern.

Thread locked.[/b]

i know the game without glitches better than you do no offense. if you dont think so lets play a 1v1? but lets not e-fight good luck with your mod you've already turned me away from it and some others i was talking to about it :/ .

If your going to challenge a moderator over an "e-Fight" and show disrespect to one of the creators, I suggest you leave before you make a fool of yourself.

you've already turned me away from it and some others i was talking to about it[/b]

I look at this as an indirect threat.

Your friends will most likely take their own look at Renegade-X before making their own decision, good day sir!

(Edited to put quote in quote tags)

QUOTE (NodOnThis @ Aug 28 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know the game without glitches better than you do no offense. if you dont think so lets play a 1v1? but lets not e-fight good luck with your mod you've already turned me away from it and some others i was talking to about it :/ .[/b]

In all fairness, this isn't a contest of who knows the game the most...it's more of a matter if you can contribute to the mod at all, which judging by the posts, you can't. You havn't mentioned any modelling or texturing experience, and as far as finding glitches is concerned, i think we have enough testers already.

QUOTE (NodOnThis @ Aug 28 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you've already turned me away from it and some others i was talking to about it :/ .[/b]

They turned you away because they didn't allow someone they didn't know and 4 posts on their forum from joining the team? Seriously, I've never seen you in the Renegade community before and chances are neither has anyone on the mod team

They aren't trying to be mean to you by denying you a job, they are just trying to stay consistent. I'm sure if they needed someone on the team for a job that you could do, and you applied, they would consider it. But as it stands right now, stating you "know more than them" and expect a job is both a paradox in that you could not really know if you knew more than them and pretty childish.

And as far as glitches are concerned, there is no need to explain them because everything in the mod is on a new engine and is made from scratch. So a glitch that got a humm-vee into the tunnels on field in Renegade wont exist in RenegadeX simply because proportions are different, vehicle blockers are put into place, and various physical collision errors that existed on W3D don't exist on UE3.

QUOTE (NodOnThis @ Aug 28 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know the game without glitches better than you do no offense. if you dont think so lets play a 1v1? but lets not e-fight good luck with your mod you've already turned me away from it and some others i was talking to about it :/ .[/b]

YES!!! This is one less person thats going to be playing RenX with his head stuck up his ass

• Totem Arts Staff

So let me get this straight:

You ask to be on the development team, and yet you don't have any game-developing skills. We say no, and then you get this "I'm better than you" attitude all of a sudden?

What exactly would you DO on the development team, show us more Renegade bugs or strategies? That doesn't help the mod you know.

You claim to be a popular community member "who knows more than me". I am not stopping you from being a member of our community, you know, to give us input on our work, suggestions, pose questions, etc. The only way you could help the mod if you don't have any game development skills is by doing that.

know the game without glitches better than you do no offense.[/b]

Have you even played with me? :rolleyes: I've been playing C&C Renegade since Westwood released the demo in early 2002, and then I went and bought the game on February 26th of 2002 (release date) and have been playing the game since. You said yourself you've been playing for 2 years. Even if you're a much better player than I am, what's your point? We're remaking C&C Renegade. If you can't model, texture, code, or rig then we don't need you on the team.

. if you dont think so lets play a 1v1?[/b]

If you knew anything about C&C Renegade then you'd know that it's not about 1v1s. It's a team game where you need to fight with tanks, snipers, or back up buddies with a hottie and tech. 1v1s don't prove how good of a teamplayer you are.

Plus that thread was about you joining the team, I don't see how that has anything to do with 1v1s. And even if you 1v1 me and you beat me, what exactly does that prove? That you're fit to join our team? :rolleyes:

good luck with your mod you've already turned me away from it and some others i was talking to about it[/b]

Oh noes.

This mod is for anyone who likes C&C Renegade. If you and your friends are turning away from the mod just because you can't be on the team, then that's just stupid.

I'm giving you one last chance here. If you want to make a constructive post on our work, or give us a suggestion on the project, or ask us a question, we are here with open arms. If you're just gonna cause more trouble because we rejected you, then your 3rd strike is coming up.

Did you guys notice he hadn't posted something in 6 posts?

His attitude is bad, but when I look at all your attitudes, I like Jngdwe's attitude best.

Hope you guys blew of your steam and start working on the mod again. I would help if I had any skills in modelling, but I don't ;) .

Greetz.

I don't think you've quite understood what this mod is. It's a conversion of Unreal Tournament 3. All your knowledge of Renegade and it's bugs mean precisely dick here ^^

We're looking for people to either contribute to the construction of the mod, or people who can look at what we're doing and produce good constructive ideas to increase playability and the fun factor. So far you've proved that you can't do that and are acting like a damn kid.

You know, mouthing off isn't a way to get on our good sides.

With all due respect, we don't "need" you so we don't particularly care if you play the mod or not. Whatever lets you have more fun man (playing it or just sticking with Renegade), that's your call not ours.

What is our call is if we let mouthy people stick around on the forums or not. Now as long as everyone can let this topic slide (and the issue doesn't get brought up again elsewhere), you're welcome to stick around and have a casual chat. Maybe throw some shrimp on the barbie in the OT section, or provide constructional input on a model/texture in the Live WIP section; whatever. ;)

You're welcome to stay here and offer constructive comments, critiques and support if you so choose. :)

Our game is being developed on a completely different platform to that of Renegade, so any of the bugs, exploits and whatnot do not occur with this version of the game- they simply don't exist because the code base is different.

or i could learn to utilize and produce (insert need here) anything"[/b]

I also don't think you quite grasp the time it takes to "learn" to produce something. I've been modelling for 7 years, and I'm still learning everyday its a continual learning curve. That's 7 years of self-taught, with 3 years of professional tutoring thrown in. Its taken 7 years to get to this point, and, no offence, but there is plenty of talent out there that already has the skills we require that don't require to learn or to be taught.

The best way to help us is not to get in a strop when we turn you down, its nothing personal. Take it as a positive thing - take it as "I'm not good enough yet, but I can be if I set my mind to it".

We know what we're doing, don't fret. The final product will be something everyone can enjoy and our development team are more than qualified to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (HotSWAT @ Aug 28 2008, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You havn't mentioned any modelling or texturing experience, and as far as finding glitches is concerned, i think we have enough testers already.[/b]

i do know how to make models :*(. i use 3ds max but w/e.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Aug 28 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renegade bugs or strategies? That doesn't help the mod you know.[/b]

We're remaking C&C Renegade.[/b]

i can understand what you mean by bugs i guess (but obviously i have a skill for finding glitches) but don't these two statements contradict each other? I guess it's just me...

If you knew anything about C&C Renegade then you'd know that it's not about 1v1s. It's a team game where you need to fight with tanks, snipers, or back up buddies with a hottie and tech. 1v1s don't prove how good of a teamplayer you are.[/b]

lmao you deserve and award for that one. Best dodge ever and btw in fact i am a good team player.

This mod is for anyone who likes C&C Renegade. If you and your friends are turning away from the mod just because you can't be on the team, then that's just stupid.[/b]

lmao they like me just that much i'm pretty cool ya know.

QUOTE (maty @ Aug 29 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our game is being developed on a completely different platform to that of Renegade, so any of the bugs, exploits and whatnot do not occur with this version of the game- they simply don't exist because the code base is different.[/b]

i understand this ty for trying to clarify though you seem like a helpful person.

all in all i think it might be waaaay better than your last mods you made (do people even still play those?) main problem is getting people excited enough to go out and buy ut3 just so they can play. but hey thats just my opinion and btw the reason i made the "turned me away comment" was because you made me mad. and the only reason i think my friends won't play it is because they have to get ut3 to play it.

• Totem Arts Staff
i do know how to make models :*(. i use 3ds max but w/e.[/b]

You should have mentioned that earlier. Can we see some of your work?

i can understand what you mean by bugs i guess (but obviously i have a skill for finding glitches) but don't these two statements contradict each other? I guess it's just me...[/b]

"Renegade bugs or strategies? That doesn't help the mod you know."
"We're remaking C&C Renegade."

In what ways do these two statements contradict each other? We're remaking C&C Renegade on the Unreal Engine 3, so therefore any bugs that the original Renegade had would not carry over to a different engine. Remaking C&C Renegade does not mean remaking its bugs as well.

Plus, looking for bugs = beta testers, not development team members. At the moment we've got more than enough beta testers and we aren't looking for any more. What you can do, though, is wait for the mod to come out, find glitches and report them to the forum.

lmao you deserve and award for that one. Best dodge ever and btw in fact i am a good team player.[/b]

NodOnThis: yo lemme join the team
The Team: No
NodOnThis: No?!?! 1v1!!!
The Team: No
NodOnThis: DODGE!!!!!111

You've got to be the best Renegade player there ever was.

lmao they like me just that much i'm pretty cool ya know.[/b]

That's pretty sad my friend. I don't care if the "coolest" person in the community quit C&C Renegade, it wouldn't stop me from playing, because I enjoy the game and I don't play it just for one person. Likewise, if Renegade X is a mod that looks and plays extraordinary, people will play the game. You've got some pretty loyal friends if they'll hate our mod just because you can't join our team. But even loyalty has a limit you know :unsure:

all in all i think it might be waaaay better than your last mods you made (do people even still play those?)[/b]

Renegade X and Project Regenesis are our only mods actually, and PR has been released with many downloads, so I don't quite know what other mods you're talking about.

and the only reason i think my friends won't play it is because they have to get ut3 to play it.[/b]

Now that sounds more understandable. But even so, if you like Renegade, and if this mod looks good to you, then it's worth the 25 bucks UT3 is selling for nowadays.

Also, there have been many (MANY) comments (unprovoked comments) about people saying they were going to buy UT3 JUST to play this mod. (Myself included).

Put that on top of the people who have been following the mod and already have UT3, people who play Renegade but don't know about the mod and already have UT3, and people who play UT3 and not Renegade, there are plenty of people who can and will pick up the mod when it is released. It doesn't matter if it is from the Renegade audience or not, just as long as people are playing the mod.

And I'm getting the feeling that the only way to beat the succes of Renegade as an almost ancient Multiplayer game is...

Remaking it on another engine ;) . Without the possible exploits and bugs that were never intended (except ofcourse intelligent stratagies such as harvy walking!)

It's a good game, and I'm looking forward towards all the game-modes they will and extra things they might put in after the vanilla mod is done. But I think that the C&C mode will always stay the big bad eyecandy of the game.

There is no game, not anywhere, that has the stratagy and gameplay that Renegade has. Crysis and some other hyper modern games of today are getting close, but they still lose it against Renegade.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

That guy is not a cw.cc person..just some retard that probably played a few clanwars here and there and thinks he's better than everyone else because of it. I've seen him post @ cw.cc here and there..kind of a homo.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

i guess to attract the renegade community you have to remake the game exactly, no changes ...

there many oppinons to what should be different, so what ever you change you just attract those who like the changes and the rest will remain on renegade ...

you know what im sayn? :rolleyes:

so keep it a close as possible to the original, the rest can be changed by mutators (those who coded server side changes for renegade sure will learn how to make mutators)