Is there a way to create a FFA Deathmatch using Kismet

John50

Hi there its been a while since I played RenX but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a free for all Deathmatch using kismet. Or something where everyone started attacking each other. Any information would greatly be appreciated thank you.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Using kismet for that wouldn't be possible. We have a team death match mode, but I don't think we have a free for all DM game mode currently.

You'd do this by selecting the gamemode in the Map Info to be death match, and toggling Is Deathmatch Map on. (I don't think Rx_TeamDeathMatch works, I think just Rx_DeathMatch does)

image.thumb.png.cd06975dced8136c5b782d9b0ca30649.png

• Like 1

One more question 

4 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

These would be more suited as mutators (read: mods), rather than something made in Kismet.

One question is that UT4 like AI still around. Those guys where pretty when it comes to infantry.

• Totem Arts Staff

Not sure about UT4 style, but the deathmatch bots are based on UT bots, not RenX bots.

In regards to mutators, the exact implementation and complexity would vary depending on what you want to do. I'd recommend joining our Discord and looking at the modding channels if you are wanting to start on that.

Currently our documentation is a bit sparse programming-wise.

https://totemarts.games/forums/forum/143-tutorials/

https://discord.gg/totemarts

UT BOTS HELL YES they gave UT vibes. reinstalling this game again. Man those bots were good. The Skirmish/AI is one of the best parts of the game. I hope Firestorm keeps that AI but make it work for Firestorm like the AI works for Renegade X. The AI in this game are a lot like the UT4s ones. Definite Reinstalling this 100%. 

As for discord I have a look at it thanks for the Link.

• Like 1