Commander Powers [Keybind Usage] [Tutorial]

Keynotes to remember:

keynote.png.4dbb9d25bd24433de6f9ea61e1e1ba1c.png

Note: Keybinds might be different on a laptop or on any other device that supports Renegade X.

In The Name of Kane!

As a experience commander, I understand the importance of having your support powers on ready when you are rushing with your team. Failure can cost you and your time, team morale, credits, and CP if you're not careful. But then again, most of the time your team can be costing the game if teamwork isn't in play. Today I'm going to show you how to ready up your support powers by setting it up onto a key: keybinds!

There are 2 ways of setting up your keybinds: either by going in-game and doing it there, or by going into your input.ini file and changing it there. 

1st option is by going in-game.

---> When you're in-game, look at the top of keyboard and press F5 once until you see the green/black command console opens up in the bottom of your screen. Below is an image of what it should look like. 

812230241_UDK(UnrealDevelopmentKit)basedgamesScreenshot2022_05.02-17_13_29_00.thumb.png.ff63b9112133302d65689b9314ea3082.png

---> Once you have to command console open, you would want to remember the command line: setbind {key} {supportpower}So for example I want to have a Radar Scan/Spy Plane on my J key on the ready. In the command console I would type: setbind J quicksupport 1. Below is an image of what it should look like. 

2011951638_keynote2.png.6b78c0833043da57ce5a9d3bf97883f0.png

---> Once you typed in the command you like, hit ENTER. As an example, here's a video (below) of how it should work when I press the J key. If you hit wrong key and don't like to use that support power, just press E to go back/cancel.

---> And there you go! You just learned how to setup support powers for when your commanding! Easy and simple, yes?

2nd option is to access it through your input.ini file.

---> To access your UDKInput.ini file, find the directory where you have Renegade X installed. By default, it will be under C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput. Below is an image of what it should look like. configfile.png.1749c6767bfd2c0ccadf8bcbe79eca2a.png

---> Once you found the UDKInput.ini file, double click it and make sure it's open in Notepad or Notepad++. When you open it, scroll all the way down until you find [RenX_Game.Rx_PlayerInput]. Here list all your bindings for your keyboard and controller. Woah! Right? Below here's an image of what it should look like.19591065_UDKInput-Notepad5_2_20226_19_48PM.thumb.png.cccab56521da2203927b64fc2a7b9436.png

---> Once you found the line where it says [RenX_Game.Rx_PlayerInput], you can now enter lines of binds of your wish. If you have done the 1st option (which you don't have to), you can find your binding there. 

bindinglocated.thumb.png.8f49da81f40ec002e0d32a66e1d2e033.png

---> From there, just copy and paste one of the lines inside the [RenX_Game.Rx_PlayerInput] configuration and edit it to whatever your heart desires. 

And boom! Your done! Congrats on setting up your keybinds, but more importantly taking the time to command your team to victory (or death)! If you any concerns, questions, or just need help setting it up just comment down below or contact me on Discord. #RealLegendaryJ#9171

As always;

Welcome Back Commander! :)

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

QuickSupport is good.
You can also daisy-chain that into fully executing the ability with a single button-press or some other personalized way.

For example:

SetBind V "QuickSupport 5 | onrelease Spotting"
SetBind B "QuickSupport 6 | onrelease Spotting"
SetBind G "QuickSupport 1 | onrelease Spotting"
SetBind H "QuickSupport 2 | onrelease Spotting"
SetBind J "QuickSupport 3 | Spotting | OnRelease ReportSpotted"
SetBind K "QuickSupport 4 | Spotting | OnRelease ReportSpotted"

Here I have EMP and Cruise firing immediately after pressing and holding J and K.
But if I quick-press, it will only give me the target reticule and I can execute manually with Q.

Radar, smoke and buffs will only fire once I release their buttons V, B, G and H.
So with a quick-press they will execute right away, thus aiming must have been done beforehand.
But if I keep holding the button, that will postpone its execution, which I can also still cancel out of with E.

Another setup that I'll be experimenting with is using the SHIFT button together with the numericals.

For this, you do have to go into the UDKInput.ini file because of the SHIFT addition:

Bindings=(Name="one",Command="QuickSupport 1 | onrelease Spotting",Control=False,Shift=TRUE,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="two",Command="QuickSupport 2 | onrelease Spotting",Control=False,Shift=TRUE,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="three",Command="QuickSupport 3 | Spotting | OnRelease ReportSpotted",Control=False,Shift=TRUE,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="four",Command="QuickSupport 4 | Spotting | OnRelease ReportSpotted",Control=False,Shift=TRUE,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="five",Command="QuickSupport 5 | onrelease Spotting",Control=False,Shift=TRUE,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="six",Command="QuickSupport 6 | onrelease Spotting",Control=False,Shift=TRUE,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Same execution as the other setup, but now bound to SHIFT+1, SHIFT+2, SHIFT+3, SHIFT+4, SHIFT+5, SHIFT+6.
Benefit being that you can keep some fingers on WSAD and you can very easily use commander stuff while sprinting.
Drawback also being that I wouldn't recommend switching weapons 1-6 while sprinting.

Thanks for kicking off the topic, RealLegendaryJ.

Perhaps once there is consensus for a certain setup, something could get implemented officially one day.

Edited by Suspiria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RealLegendaryJ changed the title to Commander Powers [Keybind Usage] [Tutorial]
  • Lead Moderator

Consider I command quite often.. I should really set this up lol

I'm still doing it old school and basically playing piano on my keyboard hitting all the wacky key combos to get off a few support powers 😆

• Haha 1