There Should Be Alternate/Updated Class Models For GDI and Nod Anyone Agree?

MagnusFarseeR

On Interm Apex and other mods (W3D Hub development team), you can alternate the type of player model you want for many classes, to make it look different. I think the player models should be updated in Renegade X, the GDI officer looks bad, like the original GDI officer, brown pants and t-shirt, he should have armor. Also other player classes, many are just characters, I think all of these characters should have an alternate skin/model to choose form that is actually a specific class. Like McFarland for example, he should have a different player model that is a GDI soldier with that gun he has. 

• Totem Arts Staff

More important than pure aesthetics is the ability to determine what class other people have in a glance. If you make same class look too different, you'll lose the ability to tell which class is which.

Another thing is that our artists are already strained and focused on Firestorm. We can't afford to strain them more with works that are in the end just vanity things

Yet another thing is that we've lost a lot of the RenX source file in a broken HDD from one of our former members. It's possible to export model but that's not going to look good

• 10 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:05 AM, Handepsilon said:

More important than pure aesthetics is the ability to determine what class other people have in a glance. If you make same class look too different, you'll lose the ability to tell which class is which.

Another thing is that our artists are already strained and focused on Firestorm. We can't afford to strain them more with works that are in the end just vanity things

Yet another thing is that we've lost a lot of the RenX source file in a broken HDD from one of our former members. It's possible to export model but that's not going to look good

I understand. It just really annoys me that many GDI classes are characters instead of actual classes and the GDI officer simply looks horrible, I know they copied the way the original Renegade Officer looks but it's very bad, the annoying brown outfit with no armor on it needs a change. Maybe one day my dream of alternate models for all the classes with Characters as classes and GDI officer will be a reality, sadly I think regular Renegade X might die with the release of Firestorm X. 

Edited by MagnusFarseeR