Shpetim vote abuse and general toxicity

Sniff My Danglers

Hello. Can somebody please explain to me why Shpetim is allowed to spam vote kicks at will without any repercussions? These kicks aren't for anything legitimate. Whenever he is losing hard or gets killed repeatedly by the same player, he harasses and spams kick votes and encourages everybody to F1 for being "afk" when it is not true. He has done this to me several times in the last week or so and it is putting me off the game completely. Why is his toxic behaviour tolerated?

I would very much appreciate it if somebody would monitor or clamp down on his toxicity as it is ruining the game.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On this particular occasion he took issue with me because not only was I dominating him in-game and preventing his rushes, but I was also top of the scoreboard after we had killed the Hand of Nod and Obelisk. The ONLY reason he wanted to kick me was because I was the top GDI player. This is tantamount to cheating in my eyes.

• Sad 1

And in the few minutes that I was locked out of the server due to it being full, Shpetim has taken command and rushed through the tunnels to destroy most of the GDI base. I was dominating both him and the tunnels which is why he decided to vote kick me repeatedly, and then rushed as soon as I was kicked. 

I think this should deserve a ban.

• Sad 1

• Totem Arts Staff
19 hours ago, Sniff My Danglers said:

Hello. Can somebody please explain to me why Shpetim is allowed to spam vote kicks at will without any repercussions? These kicks aren't for anything legitimate. Whenever he is losing hard or gets killed repeatedly by the same player, he harasses and spams kick votes and encourages everybody to F1 for being "afk" when it is not true. He has done this to me several times in the last week or so and it is putting me off the game completely. Why is his toxic behaviour tolerated?

I would very much appreciate it if somebody would monitor or clamp down on his toxicity as it is ruining the game.

what was your nickname in game, and which server it was. 
also at what date did you played?

I would like to point out that Shpetim has just kicked top players from the opposing team AGAIN because he started losing a game hard. This little cunt needs to be muted/vote muted so he can't do this shit anymore. You want the game to grow and yet you have petulant little arseholes like Shpetim destroying games because he isn't winning.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 3:27 PM, Sniff My Danglers said:

I would like to point out that Shpetim has just kicked top players from the opposing team AGAIN because he started losing a game hard. This little cunt needs to be muted/vote muted so he can't do this shit anymore. You want the game to grow and yet you have petulant little arseholes like Shpetim destroying games because he isn't winning.

as shpetim would say, "it's what the devs intended"

also, C WORD??? !mute sniff my danglers

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, and thank you for posting this. Shpetim is toxic. He's really the only memorable player who is seemingly allowed to get away with being a complete dick almost all the time because 1) he's skilled and people want to be on their team, 2) he's been in the community for a long time, and 3) some people get a kick out of it.

He will go through phases where he gets called out, starts behaving for a while, then resumes the problematic behavior. It will happen now. Nothing will be done about it. Players who are done with the DDoS's and toxicity will move on to other games.

Sniper Monkey aka Intenso aka Tomcat aka other smurfs I don't remember

Edited by Tomcat_
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 9:02 AM, dabigma said:

he can iniitate votes. but the reasoning is questionable. Kicking players should only be done by mods.

Mods are not always around, thats why it is ok that there is the possibility to votekick for players.

If someone abuses this option, you should report the abuse via !modrequest or direct to responsible server mods, in most cases screenshots, videos, logs, etc. makes it mods much easier to support and clearify the situation and probably ban the affected user from using votes.

@Sniff My Danglersif that happens again use the above described procedure to get support.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've been almost kicked for playing SBH and killing snipers. Anytime he's grumpy he will take it into the first one that he sees.

The main problem i see is not the votekick spam but the sheep mentality of instantly voting yes to whatever is voted. Getting kicked on a friday night means you won't be able to join in again for a while, for the servers are full and there's people trying to get in also.

• Sad 1

The bot that both the dev team & servers use has the ability to auto-cancel a specific votes (i.e: "vote ban"), specifically for folks who abuse the vote system. If shpetim is still constantly casting bogus votes despite a continuing months-old thread calling it out, it's because both groups don't want / care enough to take that privilege away.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, Madkill40 said:

Why can somebody on Nod votekick somebody on GDI?

I think the rationale in the past had to do with kicking cheaters, etc. There's a lot of valid reasons someone might want a player kicked from the opposing team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1