Bring back ion/nuke blocking?

kira

Bring back ion/nuke block?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to all use of ion/nuke only from certain amount of players in game?

7 hours ago, N0xid-Ev4D said:

FPI already has this feature and we've disabled it if player population is low, to my knowledge it's only CT who allows this on low pop servers.
but with that being said for the time being FPI are not hosting any renx servers at the moment for reasons which are pretty obvious 

[offtopic]Anyway the community can help further your cause? I don't mind donating a little bit. Perhaps others can too?[/offtopic]

20 hours ago, kira said:

20 sounds good, that what was last time.

It depends on the max player limit for the server and the type of map/amount of buildings it seems like a good middle-ground to me :)

Trying to play on a low-pop server and having someone use nuke or ion is the one thing that will get to me and make me rq on a bad day :D 

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, Atomsk said:

[offtopic]Anyway the community can help further your cause? I don't mind donating a little bit. Perhaps others can too?[/offtopic]

It depends on the max player limit for the server and the type of map/amount of buildings it seems like a good middle-ground to me :)

Trying to play on a low-pop server and having someone use nuke or ion is the one thing that will get to me and make me rq on a bad day :D 

Can let ofc the server owner to decide and let moderators change in game functionality. 

I too this it's overkill when you just fucking starting to have more ppl coming and you run like crazy to disarm the nuke /ion so people won't rage quit hahahaha

• Like 1

Just finished work, so late reply.

Any donations is always appreciated but it fully optional and users are under no obligation to donate towards funding of our servers. 

the issue isn't with donations/funds. it's to do with months and months of issues that are continuously going unanswered/ignored and with the current bollocks of the dd0s nonsese, i refuse and pretty much **fpi refuse to put more money into this game for the time being. So currently our servers are on hold for the time being. 

**fpi - i do not speak for everyone associated within FPI

1 hour ago, Try-Out said:

About Nuke and Pedestal ...
both should be added by vote.
This Way can even 2 Players use Beacons if they wish.

I fully support that suggestion and would be the best solution for that problem.

16 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

I'm certain the script is still there btw. You'll have to talk to CT and FPI admin (Sho, Snow, fffreak, Goku) to edit the configs

correct, it is already implemented. it is decided by server owners what the limit is, default is one player.

3 hours ago, N0xid-Ev4D said:

it's to do with months and months of issues that are continuously going unanswered/ignored and with the current bollocks of the dd0s nonsese, i refuse and pretty much **fpi refuse to put more money into this game for the time being.

That needed to be said. And also to be added: It doesn't exactly increases the motivation to run a server (and pay money for it!) where you are held responsible for basic problems by players and often have to make that clear.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Lots of issues didn't manage to reach or stick in my memory for long so. I do have to apologize for that.

6 hours ago, Try-Out said:

About Nuke and Pedestal ...
both should be added by vote.
This Way can even 2 Players use Beacons if they wish.

I mean that can be done I guess. I remember someone asking for vote options for something, but I already forgot what exactly. I remember one being Harvester stopping/starting.

I'll need to do something about pedestal vote though, because ped is spawned during game start only when the server sets it to true.

Also another thing : Democracy's nice and all, but try not to rely too much on vote as solution. The two options mentioned here is fine, but votes are inelegant way to resolve things. I really feel like we should have some other way to stop/start harvy, because it's a decision that sometimes requires quick solution other than commander command

5 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Yeah, I'm sort of in the fence with this one, because it kinda kills the consistency a bit.

What does it break? I dont really understand your point atm.

In my experience as player and admin of a server, I see players want to decide it on their own with democracy decisions...

If they want to play on 1v1 with Ion, Ped, Commander, I'm fine with that if they want to play it this way.

Also sometimes there is none commander and no one wants to command but people want to stop harvy... I think a voteable option would be the easiest way to implement that... also atm I dont see any other option??

You can additonal make a config paramenter to enable/disable it on server side so server owners can deactivate those votes if they dont want to have it voteable.

5 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Right now there's not a single indicator telling what is on and off. (And don't even suggest adding it to HUD. That thing is bloated as it is)

Thats true and I dont think it needs to be added, as you already mentioned there are already to many informationen on the HUD.

Maybe adapt loading screen of maps, if people connect the first time it can show the server settings, for fast computers force it to show it 30secs.

Don't forget that there's still no way besides asking people or looking into ini files directly to know which button combination open vote menu.
Here's yet another reminder that "Vote" button in pause menu still doesn't do anything.

Edited by Gex_str

I've generally always been against the idea of making default single-player local play significantly differently from default 1-player multiplayer. That's part of why the instant-vote stuff checks the player count, rather than whether or not the game is in single-player mode. It creates a divergence in the behaviors that folks who are just setting up a quick server to play with a couple friends, or to test things locally, wouldn't expect. The default behavior most people would expect when quickly setting up a server for a game, is that all the standard gameplay features would be enabled.

1 hour ago, Snow. said:

Also sometimes there is none commander and no one wants to command but people want to stop harvy... I think a voteable option would be the easiest way to implement that... also atm I dont see any other option??

That said, a voteable option could be less messy than it sounds. Instead of tacking it straight on to the vote menu, a "Match Settings" submenu could be added that might tweak settings that are commonly changed, i.e: the minimum players for beacons (maybe even just "Disable/Enable Beacons"), or "Enable/Disable Pedestal Beacon", or anything else that's exceedingly common. That does allow players to customize their matches if server owners allow it, tailoring the experience more towards the people specifically playing at that time. Availability of that submenu could be controlled by the servers as well, allowing them to choose how much flexibility to give to players, as well as to prevent vote spam at higher player counts.

• Totem Arts Staff

What's wrong with inconsistent? 

You giving the players a chance to prolong and have fun in game instead of being at the mercy of early nukes. 

There is a default value for anyone who just want to quickly config a server to play (which don't think happens often as most hosted games which runs by group) 

You don't have to place indicator on the player HUD, can be simple as green or red spot on the menu item etc. Something initiative idk, not a ux guy. 

Agent has a point going for a configuration settings instead single value,  but i wouldn't think vote is a messy thing because we do vote for commander? We vote for maps? Right?  And it's absolutely fine. Also i did mentioned that a moderator can also define it with simple exec command. 

Customize the limits for players and peda or not can be easily placed into ini config, Moderator command and vote option. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, N0xid-Ev4D said:

Just finished work, so late reply.

Any donations is always appreciated but it fully optional and users are under no obligation to donate towards funding of our servers. 

the issue isn't with donations/funds. it's to do with months and months of issues that are continuously going unanswered/ignored and with the current bollocks of the dd0s nonsese, i refuse and pretty much **fpi refuse to put more money into this game for the time being. So currently our servers are on hold for the time being. 

**fpi - i do not speak for everyone associated within FPI

It sucks to hear that, I've happily spent many hours on your server. Thanks for that. 
I won't derail the thread any further, so see pm :)

As for the voting options, the "stop-harvy-by-vote" discussion resurfaces :D Honestly, I'm happy with anything that is feasible. I would love to see those features as voting options. The only thing these ddos's have proven to me, is that we stick around :). Despite lag and being a server nomad, people still show up. Having these voting options would fill more servers, I think. 

Lately, matches on small maps with low pop that don't get played often (and can be great) are ruined because no one wants to command to stop harvy, or people use ions/nukes. 

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
16 hours ago, roweboat said:

right alot of times, we'll have to say "okay I'll be commander, just to stop the harvester" oh and "no nukes/ions pls thank you =D"

too many timessssss... 
found my self doing so and then proceeding to lead the team afterwards as well

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 3:21 AM, kira said:

Do you want ion nuke blocker? 

Which server admin can set the limit to 20 players to allow ion or nuke to use in game? 

Should stop fast match ending on low population server (well at least help) 

Who are all these people who didn’t vote meow?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1